Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Peeta Mellark, the bakers boy. The boy I have a crush on. His piercing blue eyes full of emptiness as he walked onto the stage to shake Misha's and. I made a mental note for when they arrive in the capitol to thank her for taking Prim's place. Shes a really sweet girl and I knew she didn't have to do that but she did and thats something I can never pay her back for.

The screen went black and an Avox with red hair walked in with a note. She passed it to me. "Thank you." I whispered. I wasn't really supposed to interact with Avox's because they are 'Criminals' but me and the red head have a long history together.

Room 405

That was all the note said. I walked down to room 405 and entered. I saw president Snow sat on a chair looking out at the view of the sea.

"Katniss I am really happy that Primrose isn't going into the games but I have asked for her to come to the capitol with the tributes. I wanted this because you want to see Primrose." He told me. I was shocked. He never does anything nice without have a evil master plan behind it. There must be something more than he's telling me.

"Thank you sir." I said before walking into my room.

PEETA'S POV

I have been chosen for the 74th hunger games. I'm going to die in that arena, there is no way around it. At first when they called Little Primrose's name I was shocked. I didn't want her to go into the games. I needed to keep her safe. I made this vow when I was younger to keep Primrose safe after her sister went to work for the president. You see, I have been in love with Katniss Everdeen for 11 years. I always loved her, she is beautiful and I regret not telling her how I felt when she left. I made a promise I would protect her sister and try to keep her mother from selling her to strangers so they could get Money. But now I'm going into the games and there will be no-one here to protect her.

Everything seemed to be normal at the reaping even though I was reaped and had no idea what happened when the tributes went into the justice building. It seemed pretty normal, I sad my goodbyes to my family and then a peace keeper grabbed me by the arm. When we got to the train Haymitch our Mentor and Effie was stood outside with Primrose Everdeen.

"Peeta." She breathed and came running into my arms. I was shocked by this gesture. I didn't think she knew me. I was helping her with her problems anomalously.

"Hey Prim, what are you doing here?" I whispered carrying her back to where she was originally stood with Haymitch and Effie.

"I don't know they won't tell me. They just pulled me away from the reaping and gave mother a letter to open when she got home and pulled me here to wait for you and Misha." She explained. What could they possibly want with Prim. I know that she was reaped in the first place but they never do this with the other districts.

"We can talk about this on the train. Let's go." Haymitch said pushing us all onto the train and into the long car. I sat with Prim still tucked under my arm. She wouldn't leave my side. I felt honoured to have her with me and depending on me but I was still scared of what they wanted with her in the capitol. Katniss was already in the capitol.

We sat in silence for at least ten minutes before anyone decided to speak. Misha wasn't as fierce as I thought, she was happy she had volunteered for such a sweet innocent girl. She told me she was in a lot of trouble with the capitol anyway so this way they can make it a show to watch.

"Now the train isn't rigged with camera but when you get to the Capitol your apartment will be so you need to keep what you say to a minimum but for now, there are some things we have to talk about." Haymitch started and took a deep breathe. "Primrose is here because the reaping was rigged. President Snow thought Primrose was up to something bad and wanted her to be punished by going into the games obviously that didn't work out but Katniss Everdeen made some arrangements to see her sister until the games are over when she'll be sent back home with me." He finished. I looked at the broken little girl curled up next to me.

"So I get to see my sister?" She asked. Her voice was so broken. I felt really sorry for her being brought into something that was out of her control.

"You do." He said taking a swig of his drink.

"When I see her can Peeta come with me?" She asked and gripped my arm tight. I saw Haymitch's hesitation.

"Prim you don't need me there when you see your sister, you need some alone time." I told her. She shook her head as if she was afraid.

"No I don't want to go along. You're the only one I trust right now." She whimpered. I sighed.

"I'll see what I can do. If I speak to someone in the capitol I might be able to get Katniss to come to our apartment since the tributes aren't allowed to leave." He compromised. She smiled in thanks. I gave him a grateful smile and we all separated for the evening until dinner. I went to my room that was opposite Prim's room. She was so scared to le time go and go into he own room but I promised to see her in ten minutes after I had cleaned up.

I went to take a shower and I picked out some sweats that was in the draws in my room. I wasn't as scared as I was at the reaping when my name was picked. I wasn't scared for myself, I was scared for Prim.

I didn't want Prim to get her by being in the Capitol. She was scared to go and see Katniss alone and I don't want her to feel that way about her sister. Katniss did this to keep her safe and well, I'm going to help keep her safe for as long as I can like I did for the past five years.

"Peeta? Are you in there?" It was Prim's voice coming through the door.

"Yeah, come in Prim." I called out sitting on my bed waiting for her to break down.

"Hey." She whispered. I sat with her in silence until prim wanted to say something. Although it took a while, her breathing began rapid. It sounded like she was about to cry.

"What's wrong Prim, Aren't you happy you're going to see your sister again?" I asked her. I didn't know if it was a good idea to bring Katniss Up in conversation but I wanted to know if it was a sensitive subject so I don't bring it up again.

"I'm very happy but I don't like that it's here I have to do it. What if they've been mean to her? What if she's unhappy? What if I can't leave her after seeing her again? I want her to come home with us." She whispered. I picked up that she had said 'us' I was very intrigued and asked her.

"Us?" I said. I might not be coming home if I die in that arena.

"Yeah, you're going to win the games and come home with us and live with me and Katniss. You've taken care of me while Katniss has been away and I really think you and Katniss will be great together." She explained. Did she know I had a crush on Katniss? Or was she doing it because she feels like she owes me for helping her for five years? I don't know but If I do win then maybe I can start a relationship with Katniss and have a happy life living in Victors Village. One can only hope.