Chapter 11

"Mom... Are you ok?" I asked her.

"I'm not sure how to react... I'm not even sure what I'm looking at right now..." She sounded very surprised, yet nervous.

"Well, I'm going to start from the beginning... Once Niall left for X Factor, I was devastated. So, I got a job putting together concerts and other parties to keep myself occupied. I loved Niall, and I still do, more than ever, but I needed to stop crying in my room all day from missing him. After what seemed like forever, he finally came home for visits. We spent as much time together as humanly possible. On the last night he was home, he proposed to me on the beach during sunset, right after we went to a town and country place for dinner. Afterwards, we came back here and we... You know..." She cut me off.

"Where was I? Where was your sister?" She sounded almost disgusted.

"You were in California for that business trip and McKayla was at Dance Camp in Tennessee. Anyway, after he left..." I looked at the boys sitting on the floor, watching me and playing with Julie. Niall was sitting next to me, stroking my left shoulder. "After he left, I found out that I was pregnant. I didn't want to have an abortion because I don't believe in it. And I didn't want to go through adoption because I feel that getting pregnant was my fault, so it was my responsibility. I could never bring myself to tell Niall because he was so preoccupied and I didn't want him to give up on his dream. When he called me and said he was coming home, I was going to make dinner with a baby theme and hope that he guessed. He rushed me off the phone then called me less than an hour later saying that he was put into a group with four other guys; one being Liam." She looked a Liam and he waved to her. She waved back. She looked back at me. "Then, he said they didn't make it and that he was coming home. I couldn't wait to tell him! He rushed me off the phone, again and called back saying they got a record deal. We broke off the engagement because we wouldn't be able to make it all work. On May 17, Julie-Ann Marie Horan was born." She looked at Julie and held out her arms. Julie got off of Louis' lap and ran to her. "Six days ago, I got a call from the boys. They were doing a benefit concert for kids with special needs. They wanted me to arrange it. I invited Liam and Niall over early so I could finally break the news. Niall proposed to me the next night and we decided that we were going to tell everyone about our engagement and our daughter at the concert. When we did, a girl close to the front got jealous and screamed 'SLUT!' while throwing a beer bottle at my head. I was unconscious and forgot everything for a little while. But, I'm here and fine. Still not 100% but I will be soon." You could tell she's in total shock. "Mom, are you ok? I know this is a lot to take in all at once. I'm so sorry that I kept it from you. I kept it from everyone, really... Except Liam and McKayla. They helped me through all of this."

"I'm fine. I just didn't expect you to be a teenage mom... And alone, on top of that. I'm not angry or anything. I'm just curious... Did you use anything to try to prevent this?"

"Of course we did! And the reason i didn't tell you was because I didn't want help. I didn't want Niall to give up on his dream. I didn't want to put that pressure on you... Especially because you travel so much. McKayla has been a huge help. And now, I have an amazing fiancé, she has a daddy, and four amazing uncles; on top of an awesome aunt and grandmother." She grabbed my hand. Her eyes tearing up.

"I am here from now on." I leaned in and hugged her. When we broke the hug, she asked me the question I've been waiting for. "So, when's the wedding?"

"May 17."

"Do you have a dress picked out?"

Shoot! I didn't even think of that!

"Well... I do need a dress... And we are getting married soon... Would you like to help me pick one out?"

"I'd love to help you!" I looked over at the other four goofballs sitting in the floor.

"Would you guys like to help?"

Liam looked around at the other boys. They all nodded. Liam looked at me and said, "sure." I looked over at Niall, who is giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Niall, you know I love you. But, it's bad luck for the groom to see the dress before the wedding ceremony."

"Ok. I'll just have to wait to see my beautiful bride in her dress until she walks down the isle." He leaned over and kissed me, softly. We broke and everyone looked at us like we just did it in front of them. I got up to go get my purse. My mom, Louis, Liam, Zayn, and Harry all kissed Julie on the cheek. When I got back to the living room, Julie was sitting next to Niall, leaning back, just like him. They are so are so adorable! "Her pacifier and blanket are still on the dresser, change her diaper before bed, her pajamas are laying next to the baby powder on the changing table, and she can have a banana at 7:30. Cut the pieces super small so she doesn't choke. You know my number and in bed by 9:00. She loves watching the video diaries before bed. They're in my favorites. I love you."

"Am, stop worrying. I can take care of her. Have fun. I love you." He got up and kissed me; and so did Julie. I walked to the front door. As I was walking out, I turned back to my two crazy kids and blew them a kiss. I walked out, closing the door behind me, and walked to the passenger seat of my mom's minivan.

There's a bridal shop about four blocks away from my house. Mom must've called McKayla before I got into the car because she was sitting on the bench in front of the store. We got out of the car and headed into the store. A very pretty, brunette sales women was by the front door. "Hello! Welcome, welcome! How can I help you today?" She was so energetic and she had a huge smile on her face.

"My daughter just, recently, got engaged and is getting married in a few months and is in need of a dress."

"No problem! So, are you the lucky lady?" She looked at me.

"Yes, I am!" I smiled at her.

"Ok. Everyone, you can follow me."

She led us to a semi-private area, with a curtain that closes around. There's one opening from down a hallway. "Ok. So you can all sit here and wait. And, bride-to-be, you can come with me." I followed her down the hallway to a fitting room. She sat down on a chair and I sat on the one across from her. "So, tell me about your fiancé and who you brought with you."

"You are going to think I'm lying, or I'm crazy, or something but... It's Niall Horan."

"I don't think you're crazy at all! I was at that benefit concert with my daughter. We were in the far back so I couldn't see your faces, but I knew he was engaged. So, congratulations!"

"Thank you. So I brought my mom, sister, and the rest of One Direction with me, A.K.A. my very close friends."

"Well, hopefully we can wow them! So, what type of dress were you thinking, and what's your price range?"

"I'd like to stay under $1,000. I'd like a simple off-white dress, with some rhinestones, but not an overwhelming amount. I want it to be simple, yet elegant. I also like some creasing and a little bit of flow to it. I'm not trying to be extra picky. I'm really sorry."

"Don't be sorry. I've had way worse! I'm Carla, by the way."

"Amber." We shook hands.

"It's very nice to meet you. I am going to find a few dresses and we'll see which ones you like."

"Great, thank you!" She stepped out, and closed the door. She walked back in about five minutes later with 10 dresses. The first one I tried on was a beautiful strapless lace with silver beading and waving from the hip down. It had slight creases above the waist, with a nice fit. I really like this one. Carla zipped it up and I walked out to show everyone. I couldn't tell if they liked it or not by their expressions. Here's hoping...