Chapter 9

When I woke up, I was surrounded by so many people in a little room. My head's pounding and I can't see straight. I heard someone run out of the room screaming "Doctor! Doctor! She's waking up!" but I couldn't make out the voice. All of a sudden, there was a flashlight being shined into my eyes. Holy mother of heaven it's bright! "What... What... What's going on? What happened? Why am I here? Who are all of you people?" Someone with blonde hair threw their head into someone with brown, curly hair'a chest and started balling. "Amnesia is very common with head injuries." Someone in a white coat said to these people in this tiny, yellow room. He looked at me. "Can you tell me your name?"

"Um.. I'm.. Um.. Annie Larson?"

He shook his head at these boys. A little girl reached her arms out to me. She's beautiful, but I don't know who she is. "Momma!" One of the boys put her on my bed and she climbed up to my chest to kiss my nose. "Who is this little girl? Who are you? Where am I? What happened? Why is he crying? I don't understand what's going on! What I do know is I don't know any of you and my head is pounding!" A boy with black hair approached me.

"You will have trouble believing me but your name is Amber. Amber Johnson. You are engaged to the blonde boy over there, Niall. This little girl is your daughter and Niall is her father. The boy in the plaid button down shirt is your best friend, Liam. I'm Zayn. The boy in orange is Harry and the one with stripes on his shirt and suspenders, that's Louis."

"No! You're lying to me!"

"Do you remember me?" A girl with long, curly brown hair stood in front of me. "I'm your sister. Today's my birthday. You announced these boys at their concert and you said that you're engaged and have a child. Someone threw a beer bottle at you and hit your head. You are now sitting in a hospital room waiting to be released."

"You don't look anything like me! You can't be my sister!"

"Amber...!" She cried.

"No that's not my name! I don't know you! I don't know any of you! You are all lying to me!" Something started to beep. Everyone was crying now. Do I really know these people? No. I can't remember them. I don't know them. I can't know them. They don't know anything about me. I don't know anything about me. What the hell is going on?! I need to sleep. I need to figure this out. Wait... I know the names! What were they, again? Molly, Zack, Hal, Larry, Larson, Nemo, and Jasmine... That's right! Larry is my husband, Molly is my mom, Jasmine is my sister, Hal is my best friend, and Nemo is my roommate! I knew it would all come back to me! Wait! It just got really dark! The power didn't go out and I'm not asleep... I can see the light! God, is that you?