29. Never Judge a Person by Their Playlist

Start from the beginning

"Oh. Okay, then why doesn't Will ride with Douglas?"

"I can't drive that monstrosity," she nodded to the twin cab. "Actually, I can, but I don't like to."

"Is there a problem with the sitting arrangements?" Douglas asked as he walked over towards us, locking the car behind him.

Georgia shook her head, answering first. "Nope."

"Good then," he smiled, before throwing me an amused smirk. "Dylan just arrived and he brought Alex with him."

"Alex?" Georgia arched a brow, before understanding dawned and she smiled. "Oh, the girl that didn't know who our poor Dylan is?"

Douglas nodded. "The very one. You'll love her," he directed the last words at me. "She's just like you."

"It was about time that idiot got off his high horse," Georgia said, before snickering.

"Really?" Douglas focused on Georgia, amused. "Still sore because he didn't take you with him as his date to the Oscars?"

Georgia shrugged. "I had Alexander McQueen personally make me a dress for that event and he knew it."

"His agency already had a date lined up for him, Georgia besides he was helping a friend out."

"You ask-"

A horn sounded suddenly cutting her off.

"Let's go guys!" Dylan popped his head out of his sports car. "The beach isn't waiting for everyone, y'know."

I spotted a redhead next to him, on the passenger seat who waved at us. "Hey Douglas!!!"

"Alex," Douglas waved at her. "Lead the way, Rush."

And with another honk of the horn, he took off again, leaving us to scramble behind.

"I thought Evan was riding with you guys," I asked Georgia before I got in.

She shrugged. "Guess he changed his mind." Then she got in and their car sped off, on the tails of Dylan Rush.

As soon as I got into the car, Douglas said, "Seat belt."

Without hesitation, I pulled the seatbelt across and fastened it in. Douglas pulled out of the parking spot and quickly exited the driveway with a wave to the Sam, the guard at the gate. I quickly spotted the sports car and twin cab way in front of us, just as Douglas quickly made to catch up with them.

Five minutes of silence late and following the cars ahead closely enough that if they suddenly stopped we'd meet their rear bumper, Douglas handed me his phone. "Play some songs, would you, Ms DJ?" He smiled at me as of to ease the awkwardness.

I chuckled nervously as I scrolled through his library of songs and then playlists. "Seriously?" I held back laughter when I saw the albums I had back at home in his recently played.

"What?" He removed his eyes from the road just a second to throw me a confused look before he focused it back on the road.

"5 seconds of summer? The Wanted? Justin Bieber?" I listed off the names as I came across them. "Shawn Mendes?" I couldn't help it anymore so I burst out laughing. "I didn't know you were a fanboy, Mr Burns?" I looked at him to see his reaction.

My laughter increased when I saw his face resembling a bowl of steaming hot chilli.

"Dylan introduced me to them earlier this year at one of the events so I tried to listen to their songs," he replied.

"And you fell in love with them?"

He groaned as if I was stabbing him painfully. "No, I don't even like all of their songs. Although some of it is pretty good."

"Oh really?" I arched a brow, interested in this side of Douglas Burns that I would never have believed would exist.

"Like We Own The Night by The Wanted. 18 by 5 Seconds of Summer... You know?"

I didn't even want to say that those were my favorite songs from both groups. "I never guessed you were the type, Mr Burns."

"Then what did you think I was?"

My face heated up because he now knew I thought of him more than necessary. "Uhm... Jason Mraz, Michael Buble, Ed Sheeran?"

He smiled. "They are my favorite artists. I just like to branch out sometimes. And there really isn't any barrier when it comes to music really. Music is...music."

"Is that what you truly believe?" I asked him.

He nodded with conviction.

"What do you think about Kpop?"

"K...what?" He looked confused but seconds later it disappeared. "Oh, you mean, Korean music?"

I nodded, surprised he at least knew that much.

"I haven't really heard any songs other than that Gangam Style and I didn't like it that much, but you can't judge a genre by just one song, right?"

I smiled at that. He was really more than he let on. Who knew Mr Arrogant had this side to him? "Then I've got the song for you." I pulled out my phone and connected it to the car, after of course making him pull over. Then I quickly scrolled through my library and clicked on the album entitled 'MADE SERIES'.

Bang Bang Bang by BIGBANG came on and I enjoyed the surprised look on Douglas' face as the beat thundered through the speakers.

This might not be a bad car ride after all.

[ will try to update tomorrow ] please vote for the chapters so we can move up the Teen Fiction ranking and more people know about this book and the series!