*Devon*

She caught my attention the minute she walked in the door. Everyone else in the classroom just seemed to disappear.

There was something about the way she moved, the way she looked, that absolutely just drew me in. I couldn't catch my breath as she dropped her stuff and slid into the seat in front of me. Fighting for air, I breathed in the smell of her; cinnamon and apples, mixed with an edge of peppermint.

"So, you'll all be all assigned lab partners. Your partner will be the same for the entire year, and you will both be responsible for each other's notes, homework, and lab grades. Tests that include hands on work will be done with your lab partner, so if there is any disagreements with who you are paired with, speak now." The teacher stepped up to the podium with the roll in her hand. "Emily Arable, you'll be paired with Mitchell Sage.." I zoned off until she got to my name.

"Devon Thorne..." "Yes?" "Your partner is Samantha Blackwater."

The angel in the seat in front of me turned, flashed me a white smile, and finally spoke. "So, I guess that's us." When my eyes met hers, my blood ran cold. Her eyes were a dark emerald green, alluring and hypnotic, but the years of training I'd had saw further.

Deep within her eyes, I saw it stir. The dark, shaded instinct. Her eyes suddenly flashed into those of an ancient predator. One with enough strength to take down even the strongest, most deadly efficient nocturnal hunters. Staring into her eyes was like staring into the eyes of the tigers at the zoo, of a caged animal; the eyes of something I knew all too well.

This girl, this fucking gorgeous girl, was a werewolf. Hot damn.