Showmance

Here I am sitting, well I really should say lying, on my bed with Matt on top. Making out. That's all he wants to do lately and I don't know how I feel about it. My anxiety grows as I feel his hand brush up my leg and to my waist: he stops when his hand reaches the zipper of my skirt.
"I think we should stop" I blurt out before he can do anything.
"What? Why?" He asks while sitting up.
"It's just that, um, I'm not comfor-" I begin to sit up "ready for, um,"
"You think we're going too fast?" He asks
"Um, well when you put it like that" I say as I swing my legs round to touch the ground and to avoid eye contact. "Yes" I say quickly and bluntly.
"Lynsey, it's been 10 months. When is it going to happen?"
"When we're both ready!" I snap putting my face in my hands, I hear him sigh and lie back down. I wait a few minutes before saying something but nothing seems to come out.
"I'm-" I go to apologise for snapping at him but he interrupts me.
"I gotta go, my mom wants me home for dinner" he says as he stands up and makes his way out of my house. I follow him to the front door and he kisses my forehead as a goodbye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am awoken by the blaring sound of my alarm clock. I open my eyes lazily and reach to hit the off button. After a few minutes of staring at my ceiling and recalling the night before I swing my legs round and get out of bed heading towards the Jack and Jill bathroom I share with my younger brother. I lock the doors on either side of the room and turn on the shower. I let the hot water beat off of my back before I wash myself.

I quickly get out off the bathroom and slip into my underwear and then my Cheerios uniform. I put my long brown hair into a ponytail and put on my make up. I pick up my school bag and head down stairs.
"Lynsey honey, won't you come join us for breakfast?" My mom says whilst walking into the hallway. I sit on the bottom stair and slip my sneakers on.
"No thanks mom, running late for school" I said while standing up and picking up my keys.
"That's what I thought" she says while tossing me a breakfast bar. "Just remember to eat lunch" she adds while I'm waving goodbye.

I get into my car and drive to school, get out the car and observe the people still trying to enjoy the weather. I see Mercedes, Tina, Kurt and Artie together laughing and smiling by what I'm assuming is Kurt's car. Some random freshman football player is trying to flirt with some random senior girls way out of his league by the door and he just got turned down. And there's Quinn and Brittany sharing what I'm assuming is Sue's skinny shake for breakfast. Ugh, Rachel Berry once again flirting with Finn "You're so chivalrous". You're so desperate.

I finally get to the front entrance. I open the double doors and throw out the breakfast bar my mom gave me into the first trash can I see. I head to my locker but before I can make it I'm met with someone slinking their arms around my waist.
"Good morning sunshine" I hear the low voice say, I smile and turn my head round instantly knowing that it was Matt.
"Hi" I say as I try to take a step away to turn and face him but I'm only pulled in closer.
"Ow" he says and this time I successfully turned round "your ribs really poked me. Are you okay?" He adds.
"Yeah I'm fine, sorry" I say as we start to walk towards my locker.
"I'm a jock, I can survive." He says laughing it off and putting his arm around my shoulder. "So are we on for lunch?"
"Yeah, don't know if I'll have anything though" I say and create a fake smile. "Big breakfast".
"Ah okay" he says and he leans in to give me a quick peck as the hallway was almost empty. Just as our lips were about to touch.
"Have you seen Mr Shue?" I didn't even have to look round to know that it was Santana.
"He's outside talking the Miss Pillsbury" I say while keeping my eye contact with Matt.
"Ew gross. Bye."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Whoa, whoa! Hell to the nah! First of all, you try to bust my face again, and I will cut you! And, also, this song is terrible." Mercedes yells and she interrupts our rendition of Le Freak. God please let Mercedes cut Rachel Berry.
"No, no, no. It's not the song. You guys just need to get into it." Mr Shue protests but Kurt and I look at each other instantly disagreeing with what he's saying.
"No, it's the song" I add to the debate.
"It's really gay." Kurt says agreeing with our side of the protest.
"We need modern music, Mr Schue." I continue and I go onto give him some suggestions but I'm cut off before I can even start.
"I'm sorry, guys. We don't have time to discuss this." There is a simultaneous groan. "We're doing this song this Friday at the pep assembly." He adds and there is suddenly an uproar.
"In front of the whole school?" Finn asks
"Exactly" Mr Shue confirms.
"They're gonna throw fruit at us. And I just had a facial." Kurt claims and I rub his shoulder reassuringly.
"I'll press charges if that happens" I was waiting for Rachel to say something annoying.
"Guys. I can't express to you how important this assembly is. We need recruits. There are seven of you. We need 12 to qualify for regionals. We have no choice, or the club is over." When Mr Shue said that we were taken aback. I know this club has only been a thing for like three weeks but we all just click together. Minus Berry. "I know you guys don't like this song but we took nationals back in '93 with "Freak Out. It's a crowd-pleaser. Trust me. From the top." I groan and get back to my starting position.