Laryngitis

"Alright guys Regionals is only a few weeks away and we've got to work twice as hard if we're wanting to beat vocal adrenaline!" Mr Shue began this weeks lesson as he walked through the door this gloomy Monday morning. "I want everyone up at the piano ready for vocal warm ups" he added and clammed his hands signalling for us to move.

I sighed and forced myself out of my plastic seat to go stand by the black piano next to Brittany. I really couldn't be bothered with glee club at the moment, lately Rachel has been making the club about her more than usual and it's really messing with my head. I don't think I'm the only one because I've noticed a few of us have stopped pulling our weights. I think I'm personally under pressure since Coach Sue is wanting to get another national title and I'm the one who's having to lead the team to that title.

I heard the door bang shut and a few gasps which brought me out of my day dream. I looked over in the direction of the noise and my eyes were met with a Mohawk-less Puckerman. Nobody said a word until Brittany broke the obvious silence.

"Who is that guy?" The blonde whispered to Santana and I as the boy walked past us. I rolled my eyes and looked over to see Santana with a "WTF" expression on her face.

"Brittany, I think that's Puck" I said to the girl in shock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was late getting out from my math test and was running to my locker quickly before going to glee club. I quickly stopped and exchanged my math textbook for my sheet music then slammed my locker shut. I glanced down at my phone and I had only one minute to get to the choir room, which was on the ground floor of the building - and I was on the third. I sighed before getting ready to begin running again, luckily for the head cheerleader the kids did part like the Red Sea when they saw me run towards them.

"Hey Kiddo" I hear a familiar voice say as I jogged down the stairs. I looked over my shoulder and noticed that Kyle had joined me on my jog to the choir room.

"Kyle I'm in a rush" I said as I reached the bottom of the steps.

"I can run with you" he said as he followed in suit. "Are you free tomorrow night? We could go to the movies or bowling or something?" He asked me and I laughed at his ability to never give up.

"If I say yes will you let me sprint to my next class?" I asked him and he simply nodded. "Then yes I will, you pick the movie and text me the details" I added and then laughed when he stopped as soon as I said yes. I waved to the boy as I saw him do a victory dance. I brought myself to a halt when I reached the choir room. I entered the room as a I wiped the sweat from my brow.

"Is Mr Shue here yet?" I asked Tina as I sat down next to her. She shook her head and I sighed. "I ran all the way here for nothing" I added as I slouched down in my seat as Mr Shue, as if on cue, entered the room from his office.

"I know you aren't all giving your 100% effort, you aren't singing as much, you're being late to class. Frankly, I am very disappointed in you guys." Mr Shue said and I rolled my eyes assuming that Rachel Berry had something to do with this. I can guess I'm not the only one who thought this.

"I can't believe you narced on us." Finn said, very loudly, to Rachel. Bingo.

"Don't get mad at me for exposing your laziness. I'm tired of carrying all of your weight. Regionals is in a month, guys." Rachel complained and I mocked her from behind causing Tina and Kurt to giggle.