[05]: ALCOHOLIC ADVENTURE APPARENTLY

Start from the beginning

"What is it, are you okay—and its Rick."  he called at first with a worried voice before he spotted the leader staring at him with a slight grin.

"Didn't know I was that scary." Rick joked, and Athena cracked half a smile before she turned to Glenn, seeing that he was flushed from the scene he made with Athena in the vehicle and with Rick. Athena placed a hand on his shoulder and his head turned to her at the sudden contact, something that Athena never did but glad she had since she saw him physically relax. "Ready to go?" Rick coughed, and Athena drawled her hand back before nodding at the leader.

After, someone came up from their side, and Athena noticed that it was Daryl. The man wore a grim face, one that made the girl cock her brows at the guy.

"Where y'all going?" he asked, and Athena tapped her foot against the ground.

"An alcoholic adventure, apparently." she muttered back, and Athena saw the man fight back a smile that tried to tug at his lip. He then rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, nodding at the three of them before he walked away.

Soon, the three took off in an old car, Rick and Glenn sitting in the front while Athena took the luxury of laying down in the back, her head against the window as soon as they took off.

The drive was bumpy and long, the inside quiet as Glenn seemed tense after he bid goodbye with Maggie. Rick and Athena eyed him the entire time, both trying to find the right time to speak up. But before they both could do so, Glenn spit out the words first.

"Maggie said she loves me." he said softly, turning to look at Rick before turning away again. Rick nodded, and Glenn continued. "She doesn't mean it. I mean, she can't. Why—she's upset, confused, she's probably feeling like—"

Rick cut him off, Athena now sitting up straight  and listening to the conversation.

"I think she's smart enough to know what she's feeling." he responded.

"Nah, no." Glenn said back to him, and Athena rolled her eyes at the oblivious boy. It was completely obvious that Maggie was in love with the guy 'cause even though Athena hadn't been there that long, she could see it whenever Maggie looked at him. Rick laughed at Glenn as he shook his head. "You know, she wants to be in love, so she needs something to, like—"

"Glenn, it's pretty obvious to everyone that Maggie loves you." Athena practically groaned because she had just said the same thing in her head, but he was right. "And not because you're one of the last men standing. So what's the problem?"

Athena saw Glenn's eyes flicker to hers, and Athena furrowed her brows when he said, "I didn't say it back. I've never had a woman say that to me before. You know, except my mom of course, and my sisters—"

"What's the real problem?" Rick interrupted, and Athena could see right through him too: there was something he wasn't adding to the conversation, and she could tell Rick was determined to get it out of him as well.

"What do you—" he tried to act, but Rick sent him a sharp look and Glenn sighed, finally seeming to let go. "I-I just, I do like her. Maggie's a great woman and everything, and she's been there for me after all of this that's been going on. But I don't feel like I love her. I don't know why, but I just don't. It's not the same with—" he said before he cut his words off. Athena tried to catch the last sentence, but she wasn't able to, but she could tell that Rick did because he took in a deep breath, and his eyes met Athena's through the rearview mirror. A small smirk slowly grew on his face while she frowned, slowly cursing herself for her bad hearing. What had he said?

"Well, Glenn, just gotta follow what you feel. See what plays out."

Glenn sighed, sinking back into his seat, and Athena finally decided to add something. "Or you can just go gay or something."