Chapter Four

[One year ago]

The boys sat anxiously around a laptop waiting to see if their debut album would really hit #1 on the charts. The past three years were filled with touring and working their asses off to get where they are now. To think their band started off as a thing they did in their free time, something that started because Luke was crazy talented with his vocals and put covers up on the internet, and somehow continued to grow. Then they all decided to make a band out of it and their covers would end up getting thousands of views on youtube a day and now they are here. They're watching their album skyrocket on the top 100 as if it were nothing. The fans were incredible and all of them combined never thought four boys from a small town would ever get where they are, but they did it and they are all so proud of each other for every obstacle they've crossed together as a family.

"What are we supposed to do if it hits number one tonight?" Luke asked, looking over towards his boyfriend in awe. They've never had such a monumental moment as a band so they don't even know how to celebrate it properly.

"You and Michael will probably fuck and we'll have to leave because that's nasty." Calum chuckled as Luke's face grew to be bright red. Michael simply shook his head in annoyance at Calum. Sure, they do things together and their best friends might've walked in on them a few times, but that's not how they celebrate things. Those moments are shared between them for special moments in their lives, and of course having your bands album hit number #1 would be a great moment for it, but that's a moment for the band to share together not just Michael and Luke.

"I'll just kiss his pretty lips all night long. Much more intimate." Michael smiled, pulling Luke closer to him on the couch. Luke's face was flushed from all the attention put on him, but Michael always made him feel a bit better from small amounts of contact between the two.

Calum and Ashton made loud gagging sounds in response earning a middle finger from Michael. 

That's how their night was spent. Until their album hit #1 at 4 a.m. and they all might've screamed and hugged one another because it was unbelievable that this happened to the four of them at such a young age. 

////

"So boys, what's it like having your first album hit number #1 on the charts here in America? It's a big deal, is it not?"

Ashton spoke first, knowing the others hated being in the spotlight first thing and the older boy knew that so he always took the initiative. "It's incredible! We're really proud of the music we were able to produce and we can't wait to continue to make more together."

"Are you guys going to celebrate it? Have any significant others you'll share it with?" The interviewer hinted, trying to get some information out of these four young boys that have such a wide audience of young women who would also like to know the answer to this. 

Michael mentally rolled his eyes at the question. One second you think their really interested in the music and then next it's all about relationships and topics that have nothing to do with them as a band. 

Calum awkwardly chuckled, "No, we're all single and plan on chilling together and maybe going out with a few other friends to celebrate. We're pretty boring."

You could see the relieved look on both Luke and Michael's faces when Calum saved them all from having to lie, especially since Luke is terrible at it. Their relationship was still hidden for their own personal request. The two weren't ready to tell the whole world about them. No one knew except Calum and Ashton. Everyone simply assumed Luke and Michael were clearly closer from having known one another the longest. No one thought much about that, they think it's a bromance and the boys are perfectly okay with that. 

The interviewer laughed at his answer as if it were the funniest thing she's ever heard and Michael could see the obvious flirting in her tone when she looked toward all four of them, yet they acted like it didn't exist because they were already annoyed by her mediocre questions and things they've heard thousands of time over the past year. They never heard anything new and maybe that's why they hated how the media was being shaped as the years went on. 

"Okay," she cleared her throat. "One last question and I sadly have to let you guys go. This one is from a fan that sent in some questions and they want to know which is more likely to be real Muke or Malum?"

"Not feeling the love over here." Ashton broke the silence, giggling at the question. "I'd have to go with Cashton or Lashton much more believable."

The other three laughed at the answer and giving their thoughts on what would be real.

"Malum." Calum winked at Michael knowing he'd stir up a reaction from Luke. 

"As if." Luke spoke for the first time in the interview. "Muke for the win."

"Really now?" Michael questioned and Luke nodded his head in response. "I think mashton is more likely."

"Liar."

"Shut up, Luke!" Michael smirked, leaning back in the couch. They said their thanks and goodbyes to the interviewer before the four of them huddle out the back door of the studio and into a car to take them home. They were are still widely arguing about the ships the fans have created between the band, but Luke knew Michaels definite answer the moment they made it to the car. Their lips were on each others in a matter of minutes and everything felt right between to two, like it could only get better between them with time.

////

the flashbacks for this story are probably going to be my favorite. they'll never be in order in which they happened. like some could be a year or a few months. it'll just make sense with each chapter they are in between. (-: 

thanks for reading!!