Bloody Mary

Rhys saw Sam jerk awake as she approached the car, which was parked next to a large, grey, boring office building. She would bet money that it had been another nightmare. She opened the back door of the Impala, sliding in, not interrupting the boys' conversation.

"Hey, at least I got some sleep." Sam was saying.

"Another nightmare?" Rhys asked.

"Yep. You know, sooner or later we're gonna have to talk about this." Dean said.

"Are we here?" Sam asked, awkwardly changing the subject.

"Yup. Welcome to Toledo, Ohio." Dean said sarcastically. Sam's relief was nearly palpable; he hated to talk about his nightmares.

"So what do you think really happened to this guy?" Sam asked.

"That's what we're gonna find out." Dean said.

"Let's go." said Rhys.

They climbed out of the car, the doors squeaking as they opened then shut again. Rhys loved that squeak. The smell, the sound, and the feel of the Impala were some of her favorite things. The Impala was pretty much her home, no matter how much time she spent away from it.

Turns out that the office building was actually a hospital, and the morgue was in the basement. The trio walked up to the morgue desk, where a guy sat. Rhys could tell this was probably going to take some time because of this guy.

"Hey." Dean said to the guy, who mimicked him.

"Hey. Can I help you?" the morgue technician asked.

"Yeah. We're the, uh...med students." Dean said. Rhys followed his train of thought instantly.

"Sorry?" the tech asked.

"Oh, Doctor, um, Figlavitch didn't tell you?" Dean said, stumbling over the name. Rookie mistake, Rhys noted.

"We talked to him on the phone. He, uh, we're from Ohio State." Rhys continued the lie.

"He's supposed to show us the Shoemaker corpse. It's for our paper." Dean said.

"Well, I'm sorry, he's at lunch." the tech said, with a slightly nasty tone.

"Oh well he said, uh, oh, well, you know, it doesn't matter. You don't mind just showing us the body, do you?" Dean asked, trying to get past the tech.

"Sorry, I can't." the tech said, still with a hint of nastiness in his voice.

"Doc will be back in an hour. You can wait for him if you want." the tech continued.

"An hour? Ooh. We gotta be heading back to Columbus by then." Dean said.

"Yeah, I've got a class that I can't miss." Rhys said, hoping to tug some heartstrings or something.

"Uh, look, man, this paper's like half our grade, so if you don't mind helping us out—" Dean tried.

"Uh, look, man...no." the tech said, mocking Dean again.

Dean turned around, cussing at the tech under his breath. Rhys subtly pulled her shirt tighter, showing off her boobs.

"Uh, hey, Rick," Rhys said, looking at the guy's stuff for a name. "I really need to pass this class. Come on. Do us a favor, and I'll do you one." She blinked, biting her bottom lip.

The tech took one look at her face and one at her boobs, then,

"Follow me."

Rhys sent a wink over her shoulder, laughing at her two brother's stony faces.