one

Haley's P.O.V.

"I had a perfect life before I met you!" my mom yelled.
"all you ever do is bitch about everything!" dad yelled.
all I heard was silence until it was broken with the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs. I knew they were coming for me. I tried to hide but I knew I had fail when my bedroom door swung open to reveal my parents with anger in their faces.

I felt a sting on my left cheek. another on my arms and back.

I soon felt the tears stain my cheeks as I tried to get out of the tight grip of my father. he hit me with a leather whip. one he used for 'other' things.

after about what seemed like an hour, I was released from the torture.

I shot up in my bed with beads of sweat on my forehead. I've been having flashbacks and nightmares for weeks.

my parents supposedly "killed" each other, leaving me to go to an orphanage.

at the time of their deaths I was only 13. as I think about it, it was my chance to escape the abuse and misery they caused me. let's just say that I don't have a good past.

after my horrible flashback, I get out of the squeaky thing I call my bed and grab my clothes for the morning and head to the showers.

I'm usually the only one that gets up early here and I am the oldest so I don't have to do a lot of things at certain times like the others.

once I got to the bathroom, I turned on the shower and stripped off my clothes. I saw the things I see everyday.

scars

lots of them. I traced my finger over some of the fresher ones on my wrist that I did three days ago.

I stopped for a moment and breathed. I resisted my urge to do it again.

breathe in, breathe out

it worked.

I quickly jumped into the shower, bathed, washed my hair, and got out in dressed in under ten minutes.

I put an outfit on (picture) and did some simple makeup which consisted of concealer, foundation, and basic eye makeup.

I went downstairs to find that the only person awake was Ms. Ali.

"hi Ali!" I said as I came down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"good morning!" she replied while put two waffles on a plate for me.

"thank you!" I say as she puts my request of syrup on.

"your welcome! oh I almost forgot to tell you yesterday that we are having an open day today! Ali told me while jumping up and down.

"that's great, but you know that no ones gonna want to adopted a seventeen year old..." I trailed off as I continued to eat my waffles.

"oh come on Haley! don't say that you never know who might come in." she said while walking out of the kitchen to go tend to the babies.

I went on my phone to check Twitter and saw something I would never think of seeing.

"@ ZerkaaHD heading to an open day with the Sidemen!"

I wonder if they are coming here? I thought.

I looked at the time and realized it was already 8 o'clock. the doors open at about ten so I run upstairs to my room.

I look at my outfit and decided that is good enough for today and head over to my lap top.

I decided to catch up on my YouTube subscriptions while I wait.

A/N I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of my story! I took a lot of inspirations from a few authors but I will showcase them on the chapter they inspired. I will update pretty regularly.

see you loves! XOXO