1

It was Monday again.

Probably the worst day, sometimes.

Hi, I'm Emily, I am beaten by my dad and my mum doesn't help me, and I am bullied by my ex best friend. Yep, it's a hard life for little old me. Just a petite, brunette girl in high school who loves listening to bands like Blink-182 and Green Day. 

I was sat on the counter in the bathroom, my face wincing as my mum dabbed the now purple bruise on my cheek, just below my temple, with foundation and concealer to try to hide it. Neither of us said a word, knowing if she spoke I would break and my anger would take over me due to the fact she didn't help me last night when my dad was drunk and becoming abusive; instead she grabbed her coffee and walked into her room and shut the door. I clutched onto the side of the counter as she did one last layer, covering it up the best she can. 

"I am going to work, I won't be home until about 11pm" She whispered lightly, looking away from my hard gaze. 

She went to kiss my cheek but I jumped from the counter and walked to my room, to finish getting ready for the day. I heard the front door slam letting me know she was gone. My dad had left at 6 but finishes at 4pm, around the time I get home from school. I had put on my leggings and white converse along with a galaxy print jumper and added a bit more make up, like waterproof mascara and eyeliner... It's only waterproof because it is normally Monday when Harry has not seen me all weekend he shouts the worst of the abuse at me today, so I normally cry, I am not as strong as I seem.

I grabbed my black back pack and grabbed my car keys before jogging out the door and getting into my red Fiat 500. I climbed in the seat before turning on the engine and backing out of my fairly large driveway. I turned on my radio and my My Chemical Romance CD came on, which I happily sang too.

My smile dropped as I approached, the other place other than home that I call hell. School. I parked my car, and quickly got out. I still have another 15 minutes before I had to be in first period. But these 15 minutes offer me the best chance to avoid Harry first thing in the morning. I speed walked through the gates, I held my gaze at the floor as I avoided bumping into the many bodies. I got through the door peacefully and walked towards my locker. I was carefully putting in my pin when I felt a presence behind me, and I gulped and squeezed my eyes shut. 

"Hello Floozy" his deep voice echoed in my ears and I sighed deeply, trying to ignore him, putting my books into my locker apart from my art folder, which I had first.

Chuckles surrounded me, and I turned around, my feet more interesting than his jade gaze at the moment. He calls me a floozy a lot, even though he knows I have never kissed or had sex with anyone. I didn't say anything, I just stared down and they all tutted.

"I said Hello, you silly bitch" his voice raised and my eyes widened, "H-hi" I whispered and looked up, his smirk intimidating me. He has his little click of "friends" behind him, all glaring down at me, making me feel like I am the smallest person in the world.

Thankfully the bell rang and I quickly squeezed out of their little crowd, jogging to my art lesson. I clutched my folder to my chest as I tried to concentrate on my breathing. I walked through the door of the classroom, just before the 2nd bell rang to begin lesson. I walked over to my small desk I shared with Liam. He was possibly my only friend but I didn't mind he was really sweet.

"Morning Shawty" he smiled warmly at me, changing my whole mood after that small interaction with Harry.

"Hi Li" I giggled sitting next to him.

"Emily" he said sternly quite suddenly, I pulled my eyebrows together slightly confused. "He hit you again didn't he" I sighed knowing part of my foundation had rubbed off on my cheek revealing the rather large bruise. Only Liam knows about my dad's physical abuse with me, I never got a chance to tell Harry: not that I can depend on him to help me anymore. "Yes, but please don't tell anyone Liam, I'm fine" I promised and his face softened before he rubbed my forearm. "Fine, has Harry seen you today?" I nodded, lowering my head down, quite embarrassed that my own be- ex best friend bullies me. "What happened" Liam asked concerned, "he called me a floozy again, nothing different" Liam nodded, he tries to stick up for me, but Harry takes none of it. I always tell Liam not to get involved because I don't want him to end up like me, but he just says that he isn't bothered.. But I am.

"Okay guys, I want you to carry on with the sketch of the Rose on the board okay; Go!" My teacher Mrs Mantle asked, she was really nice, the only teacher I could hold a conversation with. We all went quiet and began sketching the roses onto our papers, each stroke had to be done correctly, or knowing us as art students would become annoyed and screw up the piece of paper and start again.

It was the end of the day finally, I had stuck by Liam all day, apart from the times we had separate lessons, which were in English, Music and Geography, he defended me at lunch from Harry and his friends, but they just took the mick out of Liam, which is when I dragged him away to avoid him being teased like me. I ran to my locker and put all my books inside, thankful I had no studying to do tonight. I strolled out to my car, shouts called from the black Ford Raptor across from me. I glimpsed at Harry stood with a few of his delinquent friends, all of them shouting names: slut, whore, dick, bitch, cunt, whatever they could spew out of their foul mouths. I shook my head and got into my car, locking the doors and quickly backing out and driving away from the school grounds. 

I sighed in relief as I reached my house, but my face fell slightly seeing my dad's car in the drive way. I struggled to get out of the car until I gained a slight jist of courage before quickly climbing out. I walked to my front door and unlocked it, before walking in.

The smell of beer and various other alcohols blocked my airways. 

"Ah little miss dumb fuck is home" my dad called from behind me. He walked towards me, his breath fanning my face causing me to choke on the stench. "I got your report card" he mumbled, glaring down at me. He pulled the crumpled piece of paper from his pocket. It was already stained by food and drink. All the subjects an A apart from Maths, which has always been my weakest, but I still managed to get a B+. I smiled slightly, but my dad scoffed causing me to rid of the smile on my face. "Wh-what?" I squeaked, suddenly loosing my voice as his nostrils flared, telling me he was angry. "A B+ isn't good enough! You're so stupid Emily! And ungrateful!" he added making me gasp in shock, before his knee connected with my stomach, I groaned falling to the floor, tears shedding my eyes. Each tear masked the horror I go through every day basically. His feet connected with my hip, ribs and anywhere he could reach on my torso. "Silly bitch, you aren't having your car keys back for a week" he snatched my keys from the floor beside my head before stumbling off.

I pulled myself up, and held my breath as I managed to make it up the stairs without a sound. I locked my bedroom door before collapsing against it and letting the tears freely flow.

It took me a while to stand up and wipe the last of my tears away. I groaned as I clutched my probably bruised stomach. I walked towards my mirror pulling off the jumper I was wearing. I gasped to my dismay seeing the already dark bruises along my torso. One just above my pelvis, around 3 on my stomach, one on my waist slightly darker than the others and then one just below my bra on my bottom ribs, clearing showing the shape of a shoe. I groaned nearly screaming at my state. I walked backwards grabbing the lamp off my desk and slamming it against my wall; letting any emotion I held inside of me out.

I realised I was stood in front of the window, when suddenly my eyes connected with his. His mouth agape as I just scowled at him. He could clearly see the many bruises forming but I just shook my head whipping my curtains shut. He didn't care, since when, in two years did Harry Styles care about me or my state. I shook my head, a glimpse of hope he did care about me appeared. I peaked through my curtains, but saw his tall built figure was gone, causing even the tiniest of hope to evaporate. 

I just sighed deeply, pulling on some sweatpants and a baggy top, before crawling into bed. I knew today I would go without dinner, but it didn't bother me, I was used to skipping meals. My eyes glanced around the slight darkness of my room one more time before they fluttered shut, allowing sleep to slowly envelope me.