Chapter 3

Akira's POV

I wonder if it was a bad idea to steal Moody's Biology notebook. I don't think I stole it anyway. I just borrowed... without permission...

In short, I stole it.

_| ̄|○

Bah. I'll have to prepare for what will happen later.

It's a good thing I came in early today. Or else I'd be dead meat the moment I step in with Moody around. ('Д' )

"Hey, uh,... w-what's your name?" I turn around to face a pretty short, timid boy.

"It's Akira," I smile. "What is it?"

"Um..." He scratches his cheek a little. "D... Did I bother you?"

"Not at all," I reply nonchalantly. "Do you need help?" He just responds with a nod.

He's so shy. C'mon, I don't bite.

"Saru!!" Oh $@*%.

"Uh, can I help you a little later?" I sweatdrop as he nods. "Sumimasen." I run out the door and into the school bathroom, barging into a cubicle and locking myself in.

"So close," I mutter under my ragged breathing.

"What's he doing here?!" I hear a high-pitched voice.

"He must be in the wrong place," I hear another voice that almost sounded like Moody's.

Shimattaaaaa.

Could this day get any worse?

I unlock myself and casually walk out the cubicle. "Sorry, I did enter the wrong bathroom. Just hurried too much. Have a good day!" And I scoot away from the girl's bathroom and lean onto a wall.

That was really close. It's a pretty good thing that nobody's in the corridor.

Or so I thought.

There Moody is, laughing her butt off.

"Oh, geez, did I really make you laugh?" I scratch the back of my head and place my other hand on my knee.

"Just, ahaha, can't stop... laughinggg, hahaha!!" I slowly get annoyed by her, though I keep my smile on

"If you keep that up, I won't give back your beloved notebook," I threaten and she immediately stops, though I can still see a smile forming on her lips. "Hn, you really love your notebook, huh?"

She nods, not even opening her mouth. I guess I need not ask anything.

I grab her hand and walk towards the room, but she just stands there, making me halt as well. "Oi, don't you want your notebook back?"

But it takes me a while to realize her cheeks tinted pink and looking at our entwined fingers.

"Oh," noticing this, I blush as well and let go of her hand. "I-ikimashou."

She nods and walks beside me, none of us even looking at the other. I shove my hands into my pockets and saunter towards the slightly agape door of the classroom, noticing that the teacher's already inside.

"$*^%#=+¥...," I mumble under my breath.

"Hm? What's the matter, Saru?" She crosses her arms.

"There's a teacher inside," I stop peeking and look at her with a desperate "oh no please help me" look.

She rolls her eyes and sighs, courageously knocking on the door.

"Wait wha--"

Before I knew it, the teacher's already in front of us. "Ms. Hanns and Rei-san, why are you two late for my class?"