Chapter 3

Someone asked me if our volleyboys here are at the same age as they are in the anime/manga.

Hinata and his friends are two years older than their original age. Same as the Weres of Karasuno except for Daichi who's in his mid-twenties just like Suga.

If you still have other questions don't hesitate to ask x

- Akaichi

CHAPTER 3

The blond wolf leaned against the big bark of a tree on his back while silently watching the other three remaining humans. He and his partner split up in two. To avoid the red-headed human to bump into the Nekoma's Omega, they needed to stop him from going around curiously. The black wolf volunteered to take care of him while the blond wolf remained.

He stared at the only human who was awake at the moment, face buried on the big map in his hands. He watched in fascination as the human's cowlick swayed with the gentle blow of forest breeze. There was something calming about the scene and the blond wolf couldn't stop himself from staring although he wouldn't admit that he was. He hate humans. They're filthy, cunning creatures that will trap you with their beautiful lies. He gritted his teeth and almost growled when he remembered something from the past that he doesn't want to remember anymore. Then the human stood up and he perked up in his place. He cursed under his breath when the freckled human started to walk towards the direction where his friend disappeared.

Fucking annoying humans!

* *

Yamaguchi started to worry when Hinata didn't come back after awhile.

Wandering around by yourself isn't really the best decision ever if you're inside the woods. He might get lost or worse, get himself trapped or find himself stumbling down a steep cliff or get attacked by wild animals. A lot of worst-case scenarios played inside his head that he started to panic, stood abruptly and ran towards where Hinata disappeared earlier, even forgetting to wake up Noya and Tanaka in his haste. A big mistake in his part apparently - because when he crouched down in front of Hinata's red cape lying on the ground he nearly stopped breathing when dry leaves crunched behind him. He didn't even had the chance to turn around when his nostrils were covered with an overpowering smell that knocked him out.

* *

It was Noya who woke up first. It took him a few moments before he realized that only he and Tanaka remained - his sleep-driven mind thought that Hinata and Yamaguchi just strolled around for a quick observation. But when the clouds of sleep in his mind finally dispersed and the two didn't come back yet he woke Tanaka immediately.

"Hey! Tanaka you lazy fuck wake up!" Shit! This can't be happening!

"The hell is wrong with you Noya-san?! Can't you wake a guy normally?" Tanaka whined, nursing his bruised cheeks - Noya slapped him hard because he wouldn't wake up.

"Then try to wake up normally yourself." Noya brushed his hands on his face frustratedly. "We have a problem."

"What?" Tanaka snapped, obviously still annoyed from having a bitchslap as an alarm clock.

"Hinata and Yamaguchi's gone."

"What?!"

"They're gone!" Noya stood up, "I've been awake for quite sometime now but they haven't come back yet."

Something's wrong. Noya could definitely smell the stench of bad news. "Fuck." He heard Tanaka cursed and when he looked down, he saw him holding Yamaguchi's map and compass.