Chapter one

Jaykit's POV

I move around carful not to disturb the two sleeping kits beside me. I breath in the warm smells of the nursery. I can smell Millie, Squirrelflight, Hollykit, Lionkit, Ferncloud, and her kits, Icekit and Foxkit. Wait... Where is Daisy? I wonder. Her scent is stale. She left around dawn. I crawl over my littermates and walk out of the den. "Where ya going Jaykit?" I heard a familiar squeak say. "Oh just out, Hollykit" I reply.  "You know Squirrelflight doesn't like you outside of the nursery". She meowed. " oh my starclan! I just wanted to see Daisy, stop hovering" I mewed, frustrated. I stalked out of the den. I breath a sigh of relief when I see Daisy sharing tongues with Brightheart. I start to pad over to her when something large hit me in the side which knocked me to the ground. " hey! Look where you're going kit!" I hear Berrypaw yell. "I can't WATCH anything stupid furball!" I squeak."Jaykit!" I hear Squirrelflight's mew all the way from across the clearing to the nursery. I ran to her. "yes?" I ask innocently. "You know you are not aloud out of the nursery until you are 5 moons old." She scolded me. "Why? Lionkit and Hollykit can! They are only 4 moons old!" I mew, close to tears. I hated that my siblings get to do things I can't do! "Because! Lionkit and Hollykit are not blind!" Her words stung, she knew I hated it. And she also knew I hated being reminded of it. I lowered my head and padded into my nest. I curled my tail over my nose and closed my eyes.

"Jaykit! Open your eyes" I hear a raspy meow." Oh shut it, mousebrain! It won't make a difference. I meowed and rolled over I open my eyes anyway. Oh my starclan! I can see! I'm not blind anymore! I gaze up at a very old, matted she-cat she had piercing yellow eyes. "Get up Jaykit" she instructed "how do you know my name?" I ask the old cat. She shrugged off the question and began to pad away. "hey! I was talking to you answer me!" I mewed. She glared "big temper for a little kit." She grunted. I rolled my eyes. "What are you talking about? I'm almost as big as Lionkit!' I squeaked. Now it was her turn to roll her eyes." Dumb kit. You are the runt of the litter. If you and Lionkit stand side by side he will be much taller than you. Now, stop chattering and listen. I have a message from starclan. Darkness will become light if the path is chosen correctly. The fire will blaze and only become stronger, until it will decide, either to be extinguished, but find its match, or, to rage on forever." And with that, she disappeared. I saw a flash of light and suddenly the forest I am in burst into flames and they rush to me. I scream in terror. I start to run but the flames are much faster. Soon, they catch up with me. I trip over my own paws and lay on the ground, with my paws over my eyes. I open them to find the fire is avoiding me! It is going around me like I had a personal fire shield. I hear a familiar, raspy voice. It said in my head, fire does not destroy its own offspring. Tell no one. The voice died out and I jumped up, startled. I welcomed the blackness as I realize this is reality and reality sucks."Jaykit stop wiggling!" I hear Hollykit mew. "Sorry. Go back to sleep." I sooth "nightmares?" She asked. "Ya um it was abou-" I stopped because I remember the she-cat who had appeared in my dream. "Um never mind I forgot most of it anyway." She shrugged and rolled over. Words from my dream echoed in my head. "Fire does not destroy its offspring" I though ha ha. That's funny because the fire didn't even try to destroy me... Wait!- I'm the offspring of fire! I'm the prophecy!