Malfoy Pride (Scorpious Malfoy)

Start from the beginning

"Just because I adore them doesn't mean that I won't be bored, does it?"

Rose headed off in front of me and I followed her down the train towards the front of the train so we could get onto the platform. We made our way until we stopped at the sound of someone calling my name. Rose glanced back at me curiously and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'll catch up to you - go ahead."

Only when Rose had begun to walk away again did I turn to look at the boy walking towards me, pulling his own trunk behind him. He had hair that was so blond it was almost white as it sat slicked back against his scalp. The closer he got to me, I noticed that his grey eyes were trained onto me.

"Did you call me?" I asked cautiously as he came to a stop in front of me.

"You dropped this," he said as a response.

I looked down at his outstretched hand to find my sketchbook held in it. I must have dropped it when I was leaving our carriage. Reaching a hand out, I took the book out of his hand, giving him a small smile.

"Thank you," I trailed off, not knowing his name.

"Scorpious," He said returning my smile. "Scorpious Malfoy."

"Thanks again."

I turned to walk away from him but I couldn't shake the feeling that something was weird. It was as if I could still feel his eyes on me. I shook my head, deciding that it was a stupid thought but couldn't shake off the feeling. Looking back at him, I met Scorpious' eyes with a curious look.

His eyebrows rose in surprise before he curled his hand around the handle of his trunk and started to walk towards me, pulling the trunk behind him. Stupid, I thought, turning back with reddened cheeks. Here I was being self-obsessed enough to think that he was still watching me when it made perfectly normal sense for him to just be going in the same direction as me.

When I finally made my way off of the train I headed over to Rosie who was standing beside her parents. She waved over at me as my parents looked away from hers and ushered me over towards them.

**********

THIRD YEAR

Our carriage was full year not that I was complaining. It was just different to have all of our friends squeezed into a single carriage so much so that there barely any room to move. I loved my friends, I did, it was just that lately something had happened over the year to completely brain wash them. They had gone from hating boys because they were gross to going heart eyed over them.

I wasn't an exception. My eyes had been opened to boys as well but I liked to still think that I had the ability to talk about other things that had nothing to do with boys. But it seemed that most of my friends now lacked that ability.

"They certainly have matured over the course of this year haven't they?"

I groaned as soon as the sentence had left one of their mouths, pressing my forehead against the cool glass of the window. Maybe I could fall asleep and avoid this conversation all together? I closed my eyes.

"What's the matter with you?" I didn't need to open my eyes to know that the question was addressed to me.

"Surely you can't still be having this conversation?" I asked, opening my eyes and removing my forehead from the window. Sitting up properly it turned to face them. "How can you still have things to say on this topic?"

They all rolled their eyes, having heard my stance on the topic before. But they didn't understand! We didn't have to talk about boys for ages. I had to admit that I found it fun to talk about boys occasionally. Occasionally. But if you talked about them all the time it wasn't as fun. I glanced over at Rose and saw the irritated look she gave the others. At least someone was on my side.