17 // A BLOSSOMING ROMANCE

Start from the beginning

So instead of asking questions, I just said, "you left me."

 "I know," he frowned. "I don't think you'll understand why, even if I tell you but-"

"Try me," I scoffed. 

"I'm branded," Blue told me. He stopped, as though he wasn't going to tell me what being branded meant. But something else was happening, the wings were shrinking. I watched, half shocked and half grossed out. Blue groaned, and only then did I realize that whatever was happening was hurting him. 

Quickly, I grabbed his hand as he had done for me in Desire's basement. But I wasn't a Witch, I couldn't take his pain away like he did. It was really a human instinct, to comfort him. He staggered against me, his head going over my shoulder and his chest crashing into mine. 

In an attempt to steady him, I wrapped an arm around his waist. With him this close I could smell the cologne he wore, and I could smell the rain in his hair. I shouldn't be smelling Blue while he was hurting. As the wings completely disappeared, they left two rips in the back of Blue's sweater where they had sprouted out. 

Blue was panting, and I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. I was still kind f confused as to why I was suddenly me again, and why Blue had wings, and why the hell are we standing in the rain?!

"Alexander," He whispered. He was so close to me that when he spoke his lips brushed against my ear, and it sent shivers down my spine. I could feel his breath on my neck, and it made me hold my own.

He leaned back and looked at me, through me. Then he leaned forward again, he didn't stop until his face was inches away from mine and I couldn't look anywhere but into his eyes. 

"I know it's selfish," He said, and his lips skimmed mine. It was very lightly, but it was enough to make my heart do funny things. "But I won't leave you again. I promise."

"I think I might combust if you even try it," I told him, and it sounded so pathetic that I wanted to combust right at this moment. But then again, it was such a perfect moment for me... Almost a perfect moment. 

I swallowed, and took a deep breath before leaning up and pressing my lips to his. 

Now, it was perfect. 

Blue, however, didn't think so. He pulled away from me and he was frowning with lines so deep in his forehead that he looked older than what he was.

"I'm sorry," I whimpered, and again I wanted to combust at how pathetic I sounded. Blue stepped away from me, and without another word he turned and walked away and I was left standing there. As soon as he was out of my sight, I let out a noise that surprised even myself.

I looked around to make sure no one had seen me, then I remembered Sherlock. I couldn't see him anymore but I knew he was around somewhere. 

"You can't mention this to anyone," I said to no where in particular, because I really didn't know where he was. 

***

I kicked open the door to Lincoln's bedroom and she let out a small squeal. 

"I just got rejected and the FBI knows what you are," I huffed and slammed the door behind me.

"I know they know," She sighed. "You should have seen the look on Tommen's face when he saw what-"

"Hold up," I interrupted her and dropped onto her bed. I shuffled around until I was comfortable. "What were you doing?"

"Well, I've been messing around with things," she shrugged, "and I was lighting a candle and then blowing it out and then relighting it, and Tommen walked in. You should have seen the look on his face Alex. He was so weirded out. Any chance I had with him is gone now and wait a minute. Why would the entire FBI know?"