Prolouge

It was a horrible feeling. They were all shocked as the buzzer beeped signaling the end of the Winter Cup basketball tournament. The game had ended after four quarters of grouping plays. There were cheers from the Rakuzan team members. Their heartfelt cries of victory were joined by those on the stands. It had been an incredible game. Akashi smiled at his teammates as they picked him up. He was happy, but most of all he was proud. He was absolute.

On the other side of the court stood the Seirin team. Their heads were down to hide their faces, some were crying while others were desperately trying to reign in their tempers. Kagami was one of them. He was mad, no, beyond mad. He was in a state of rage. How could they have lost? To him this wasn't possible. They had practiced long and hard for this day. For this game. They fought their way through thick and thin. They beat almost all of the generation of miracles. The entire team practiced from dawn to dusk. He knew it was true since he was there with the team. Well, not the entire team.

Thinking about it now, he realized that his shadow, Kuroko, hadn't been there all the time. In fact he had disappeared for a month before retuning to them. Not only that, but when he returned his passes were somewhat sloppy, easy to intercept, well not all of them but too many for his liking. Similar to this game.
His rage stopped for a moment as he thought back to those practices, more specifically Kuroko. He was slower than normal, his passes were sloppy, he was weak.

Kagami's anger came back ten fold as he went over this game in his mind. All of Kuroko's passes were intercepted, he was too slow, he was pathetic. How had he been so stupid? To think that Kuroko could actually his shadow. To think that pathetic weak little man could make him the strongest in Japan. Ha, what a joke.

In those moments the entire team came to the same conclusion as Kagami. To them this lose was Kuroko's fault.

-----------------------------------------   
The tension in the locker room of Seirin's basketball team could be cut with a knife. Kuroko sat in a corner with his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands. A small towel cover his face as his shoulders shook slightly from his silent sobs.

The teams was depressed, but not only that they were entirely pissed off. Riko stood with her arms crossed  a scowl on her face as she looked at the team. They were a sad bunch to look at, but they were an angry bunch. She was mad, yes, but she knew this could have happened. this was a possibility and it was her miscalculation that led to this. She should have made Kuroko sit on the bench, but he insisted and she understood why. He had worked incredibly hard for this, but he wasn't ready. This was too soon. Too early, and now she could only reap what she sowed.

Kagami slowly stood from his position next to Kuroko. His muscles were taunt much like a tiger's is when he is about to ambush a prey. The anger radiated from him in waves. "This your fault," he whispered looking at Kuroko, "This is your fault, you son of a bitch, Kuroko!" Everyone's head whipped to him as he panted.

Kuroko's form stilled and tensed. "You said you would make me the number one in Japan. You, and your godforsaken passes. Well guess what? You can't even win the Winter-fucking-cup than how do you think you can make me number 1 in Japan. You little pice of shit! This is all your fault," he spat looking at Kuroko's still form. "You think I didn't notice you were gone for a month, or how after that your passes got sloppy, how got weak? Well guess what! I did! Everyone did! You know what that means?" He waited for an answer but when none came he spat on the floor. He leaned in close to Kuroko's ear. Then with all the venom and loathing he could put in his voice he said.

"We don't need you."

Kuroko flinched, that brought a smile to Kagami's face. "We have surpassed you. You are no longer needed, you pathetic pice of shit. You are worthless to the team. No, scratch that, you are worthless to every team." Kuroko flinched again, but didn't say anything.