the final test

"The most important day of my life has started now" I say to myself, giving myself a pep talk in the miror, nervous for what's to come later today.

"You're going to do fine, you'll find out who your true pair is, what job you'll be working for the rest of your life, you'll be happy" I go on and on while stroking my wavy strawberry-blonde hair.

Leah's supposed to come in later to lightly curl my hair and put some makeup on my acne scarred face(against my will of course).

Leah is my bestfriend, we grew up in the same sector and probably will stay together after the test because we are so much alike. She is gorgeous, angelic, even though she denies it every time I tell her that she's perfect. Leah has naturally curly auburn hair and emerald green eyes, she has a perfect body, is fairly short and she only wears white for some reason I still don't understand to this day.

I'm still talking to myself when Leah walks in. She laughs when I jump at her entrance. She's wearing a flowy white dress and a brown belt with a golden buckle(like I said, she's angelic).

"You look terrible." She laughs and begins to brush through my already brushed hair. "Compared to you, I look terrible, if you compared me to a normal person, I would look decent" I half mumble. She ignores my remark and states "we've got to get you some concealer for those dark circles...and try to smile, at least a little".

I flash her a big sarcastic smile and she rolls her eyes dramatically and sarcastically mumbles "beautiful" under her breath.

*two hours later*
Leah has finally finished grooming my hair and face and she picked out an outfit for me(a black skirt with a flowy red top). I dont want to wear the top because I think it's too revealing but according to Leah it's the only shirt that will go perfectly with the black skirt(which is the only fancy thing I own).

I'm fixing my hair for the 1000th time when I hear Leah shout "THE BUS IS HERE!!" I can feel the nervousness rush through me and the butterflies forming in my stomach as I grab my bag and run out the door.

Authors note: I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Did it make sense? Any questions can be left in the comments and I will try to reply to them all! Happy reading:)