How can I love you?

Start from the beginning

There were a lot of noises coming from the front of the house. We could see guards at the sides, holding off vampires. They were mostly men, but there were some women. I could hear glass beaking and saw an orange glow coming from somewhere near the front of the building. It was fire. My heart was pounding loudly in my ribcage and I tried to breath steadily. There were people shouting too, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. There was nobody on this side of the building because there was a wall separating the front and back buildings and the guard were obviously doing a pretty good job. I'd say the only reason we got over the back was because the guards had to move to the side walls to stop vampires trying to get in there. From what I could see, there were plenty of guards. I still couldn't help feeling dread. 

When we neared the back window, Travis turned to me. "Georgia," he whispered. I waited for him to go on. "I need you to break the window. If I do it, the guards there will immediately smell vampire and attack me. If you do it, they'll smell human and they'll be confused and hesitate for a few moments. If they try to touch you, I'll be there okay? They won't hurt you. A lot of these guards wont know who you are until you tell them. You need to tell them who you are. I nodded, though I was terrified. What if they didn't hesitate?

Dane slapped me on the back reassuringly and Travis squeezed my shoulder and pushed me to the window. "We'll be here... downwind," he whispered, from the side of the building.  I nodded and went to the window. I saw two guards standing near by, facing away from the window. I took a deep breath and pulled the arm of my hoodie down to cover my hand and held the material tightly. Then I decided against it, I'd probably end up breaking my hand. Instead, I grabbed my shoe and forced it through the window with all my strength. At the same moment my hand went through the window. I felt a death grip on my wrist. Those guards were fast. My mind couldn't process what happened. I was immediately dragged the rest of the way into the window by one guard and the other had a knife to me. 

"Wait," the one holding me said. "She's human," he said then, looking puzzled. Travis had said he wouldn't let them touch me! I tried to speak then, this was what he wanted m to do. They were gonna kill me. "I-I'm Georgia.... I'm- Phillip, he's my... uh, I'm the.... human, prophecy," I stuttered, trying to make sense of my own words. I was sure they'd kill me there and then. "The other vampire lowered his weapon and the first one slacked his grip ever so slightly. "How do we know it's not a trick?" he asked, looking out the window. "Take her to the Aldens, but keep her close." I was then dragged down the hallways at a fast pace. I was almost on my toes trying to keep up with him. As we walked by other guards, they all looked at me confused. The shouts of people outside got louder as we made our way through the house. Then he pulled me upstairs to the king's study room. My heart was pounding to see Phillip. I needed to know he was okay. He knocked on the door and I heard the queens voice telling him to 'come in'. He opened the door to reveal the whole family in various positions around the room, all of whom looked worried. My eyes immediately went to Phillip, who was facing away from me, with a hand on his forehead. My eyes were watering by this stage and I heard gasps from the family. "We found her downstairs. She smashed through the window," the guard spoke. I hadn't looked at anybody else yet. My arm was still being held up rather tightly as I waited for him to turn. When the guard spoke though, he did turn his head and his eyes widened straight away. "Georgia!" he spoke in a low voice and before my mind could comprehend, he was there, in front of me, stroking my face. It took my eyes a moment to focus on him so close and I couldn't believe it. I breathed out in relief, "Phillip," I said in a whisper as I breathed out.  

"I guess that answers that question then," he said before letting me go. Phillip took my hand and pulled me into the tightest hug I've ever received. I didn't care that he was crushing me. I missed him. I missed his smell and his touch and everything about him.  From the corner of my eye I saw the guard turn to leave and I tried to pull away. Phillip only held me closer, to the point I was uncomfortable and I had to breathlessly mutter a "wait!" He let me go this time, but still held me at arms length. "Um, Travis and Dane are outside at the window," I told him. He stared at me for a moment before his thoughts finally caught up on him and he understood what I was saying. "Oh.. right. Guard!" The man appeared in the doorway instantly. "Travis and Dane Carson from the second kingdom are outside the window Georgia came in. Will you send them up?" The guard nodded and disappeared again. 

I sighed in relief and squeezed Phillips arms as he held my waist. 

After another moment, Phillip seemed to process what was going on and his look of relief and love disappeared. In it's place, anger arose. His grip tightened on me, but it didn't hurt. "Georgia, what are you doing here?" he asked me sternly. I opened my mouth to speak when Travis' voice interrupted. "She wouldn't take no for an answer. I had to bring her," he said, smirking as he came in. I thought he'd forgotten how to do that. Phillip looked at me with a frown, and I tried to give him my best 'sorry' face. 

He sighed and touched my cheek. "Georgia, it was dangerous of you to come here..." he paused "But I'm glad you did," he finished as relief washed over his face. "I need you with me," he whispered before hugging me again. 

___________________

So sorry for the LOOOOOOONG wait. I had my exams, graduation and results and stuff. I hopefully get my college offers tomorrow and here I am at 2 am writing an update for you guys because I feel soooooo guilty. Please accept this chappie as my apolgy I know, lame.