Chapter 18: No Excuse

Start from the beginning

"Thank you." I say curtly and give her a forced smile before making my way out of the Hospital Wing. I was woken up after lunch and with the incident that has happened, I can make a guess that everyone should be down in the Great Hall eating. 

My eyes narrowed into slits as I thought of Harry carelessly eating in the Great Hall as if nothing were wrong; but if I saw him there...I don't know what I would do, honestly.

The strides I took were brisk and fast, much quicker than I would usually walk, and in no time I was at the doors of the Great Hall. With a deep breath I heaved them open, walking inside as I saw people turn to face me.

I scanned the Gryffindor table and I felt anger flame up inside me as Harry began looking at me with wide eyes. 

Without thinking or knowing exactly what I was doing, I was already halfway down the Gryffindor table with my gaze locked on Harry's. He seemed to realize why I was there and gulped a little nervously before standing up to meet me.

"Hi Ele-" "Just what the hell do you think you were doing?!" I shout, cutting him off and grabbing the attention of everyone in the Great Hall. His eyes narrowed at me and he got into a defensive stance. "Look, I didn't know what was going to happen but he was going to curse me." he says and I roll my eyes, glaring at him.

"You didn't know? You had no idea what that vile spell was going to do and yet you used it anyways? How stupid can you get, Harry?! You nearly killed him!!" I yell and he glares me down, trying to intimidate me but it wasn't going to work.

"Why were you following him in the first place?" I hiss and he scoffs at me. "It's obvious Elena. He's a Death Eater and I've been trying to figure out where he's been going and what he's up to. Surely you've noticed him disappearing all the time?" he asks and I run my hand through my hair out of frustration.

"You're a blithering idiot, you know that Harry? Do you even have any proof that he's a Death Eater?! No, you don't! You just have this stupid, petty obsession with him because of your rivalry and look where it's gotten you! Who cares if he isn't around all the time? I don't blame him, knowing he's got you following him around all the time! It's bad whenever he has to complain to me about you being obnoxiously close to him and spying on him all the time. When will you take a hint Harry?! Just because you have this obsession, it's no excuse to go curse him like that!!" I yell, the entire Great Hall now listening in on our shouting match, including all of the staff at the tables.

"He doesn't complain to you, does he? He goes to the bathroom to Moaning Myrtle!" he shouts and I throw my hands in the air. "Who cares? Who cares where he goes to vent! Everyone has to vent somehow and just because he doesn't come to me doesn't mean he's a Death Eater, you idiot!" I yell again and he glares at me.

"You have no idea what he's even like, Harry. How could you possibly know what he would or would not do?! I can tell you this right now Draco would never, EVER kill somebody. He wouldn't dare take a human's life, he isn't that low." I spit and Harry scoffs.

"But he'd love to torture someone, wouldn't he?" he jabs I clench my fists. "Do you honestly believe that? Do you honestly think that Draco is the kind of person who would enjoy torturing someone? Enjoy inflicting pain in other people's life? I know you don't believe that and if you do...then you're even more incomprehensible of people than anyone I've ever known." I seethe and he frowns slightly.

"Fine, no. No he probably wouldn't on a normal circumstance. But I swear, he's a Death Eater. His father was and we all know what he's done to-" I couldn't stop myself. My hand flew up at the mention of Lucius and I slapped Harry hard across the face, the sound echoing off the walls in the silent hall.