Hey idiot, I love you

You woke up early that morning as every single Thursday. Your life was monotonous and boring. You woke up and eat, read, watch movies and sleep. That was all you did. Sometimes your friends visited you or you went out with them, but just sometimes. It was always the same except for Thursdays. Some part of you hated Thursdays with all your heart, but the other one waited for them excited. 

You got dressed and put the book you just finished reading in your bag before you went out. It normally took to the bus around 30 minutes to arrive to your destination, but that day the traffic was really light and you got there in less than a quarter of hour. Perfect, that gave you 15 more minutes in hell. You sighed and got into the hospital. 

You hated that place. It was so depressing. And the atmosphere was even getting more depressing as you got closer to the cancer ward. Cancer; the only word could make you shiver of pure fear. It was always unexpected; you could be fine and then one day you were not. It was an illness that never treated anyone differently. It didn't matter if you were eight or eighty; it chose its victims indiscriminately. It chose the kid that was sit in from of you with his mother, the old woman that was quiet in the corner... and it chose you too. Doctors said you were young and strong enough to go through it and that you were lucky because it wasn't an aggressive cancer. They were so sure you were going to get over it; they were so positive... It was said that in the 87% of the cases the cancer was completely removed. But it was cancer, aggressive or not. You can't ever hang onto the statistics. 

You waited 20 minutes watching the sadness in everybody's faces as they came and went when they called your name. The treatment didn't take long and it only left you a little bit tired and a light headache. It could be much worse, it could gave you heaving or leave you exhausted. 

"You're improving a lot. A few more weeks and we'll be able to change the treatment into something lighter", the doctor said. "You have a great attitude towards this and your mood helps a lot. Whatever it's making you this happier, keep doing it", he smiled. 

You got out of the hospital with a really good mood. You wanted to finish that treatment so bad and you were seeing the improvement yourself. With a smile on your face, you went to a near cafe. The source of your happiness. You ordered a juice and a sweet and handed the book you were carrying in your bag to your regular waitress. 

"Anything for me today?", you asked. She nodded. 

"I'll bring it in a sec", she smiled before she left. As you began to eat, she appeared with another book in her hand. "Here", she said. You took the book and opened it, reading the phrase writing with pen. 

"Hey idiot, I love you", it read. It was supposed to be a phrase that summarized the book. You smiled to yourself; you were sure it was going to be one of those love-hate love stories that you loved so much. 

You paid for your food and rush to home. As you as you got in, you lied down on the couch and began to read the book. You were right about the love-hate relationship. It was funny and the comments that the original owner wrote in almost every page were hilarious. And yes, that was what made you so happy. It's better to start from the beginning. When doctors said you had cancer you felt your world getting destroyed. You didn't tell anyone, not even your family or friends and you were on the verge of depression. You used to go directly home after every session. But one day it was raining really heavily and you didn't want to wait in the hospital for the rain to stop, so you ran to a nearby cafe. As you sat, you realized someone left a book on the table. You were going to give it to the waitress but first you opened it out of curiosity. You couldn't help but laughing. It was full of comments. They were about the plot, the characters and even things that didn't have anything to do with the book like, "this reminds me the time my brother threw my food. He laughed as if it was the funniest thing ever. He didn't laugh that much when I cut his hair when he was sleeping." You continued reading and didn't stop until you finished it. It was a very short book, so it didn't take you long. You couldn't stop smiling. It was the first time in a long that you smiled. Before you left, you said the waitress that someone forgot their book and gave it to her.