2

At the same time Hermione receives her reward for being the best assassin of her age, for doing her mission perfectly with her colleague, another party is having a meeting.

In a dark room surrounded with metallic walls, a few men and women sit in as they watch a video playing on a big screen on the wall in front of them. The big flat TV flickers by every scene that changes. Dush of punch and screams and groans of men echo through the speakers. While watching, they grimace with how easy the heroine in the video kills men that surround her. At the same time, they feel impressed -- if not scared -- with the skill the heroine has.

They're Avengers. They can't be scared.

Far back at the table -- who is the only person watching the video without having to turn his chair -- is Director Fury. His one good eye stare at the TV emotionless, observing every move the heroine acts. He looks boring at the same time, as if the footage is some kind of a movie that he could predict what's going to happen next.

On Fury's right, sit a bulky man, Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America. His eyes focus on the dark brown-haired girl the heroine, thinking the actual reason why his boss wants them to see it. Well, maybe he could guess that his next mission is to capture her, but why, really? While they're watching the footage, Fury can explain but he's not.

If they are ordered to sit based on their rank -- though they do not have any ranks here, not like they're a police or something -- Natasha sits beside Captain. She is, too, watching the footage with a slight confusion though she could guess where this meeting will lead to. Seems like they're the only people who were called in for the meeting with another two extras: Wanda Maximoff and Tony Stark, who are sitting opposite Steve and Natasha.

While the rest are having Avengers training somewhere in the headquarter, Steve, Natasha, Wanda and Tony didn't even have a clue why they're watching the fighting footage between a young girl and her enemies. Fury hadn't brief them.

The sound of "Oh God" coming from the video makes Tony's hair stands. There's something in that voice that Tony Stark can't make himself watch the footage. There's something ticks in him. He feels as if there's a connection between him and the dark brown-haired girl on the screen. And he somehow knows Fury will try his best to convince him for the upcoming mission. By the way, his heart ache, too; he can't stand watching the girl fighting without defense.

After a few moments of silence, Tony, being the impatient guy he is, finally opens his mouth.

"Why are we watching this?" he turns and asks Fury. All eyes on the dark-skinned man.

"To show you your next mission, if it's still not obvious," he answers.

The footage is still playing, people grunting, punching and panting still echoing in the room.

Tony rolls his eyes. "Can you just tell us what we're after, already? I don't have all day to watch that stupid video."

"Watch your mouth, Stark," Steve warns quickly. "It's not stupid if Fury wants us to watch it first before he briefs us anything about our mission."

"He's right," Natasha agrees, followed by a nod and a 'yeah' from Wanda.

Tony glares at Natasha for intervening the conversation between him and Steve. If this isn't a serious matter, he would argue. But he knows better than that. "Whatever," he mutters. He then turns back to Fury. "So Fury?"

Fury can't go straight to the point without looking at his team one by one as if observing them. It's his habit. With his one good eye, he would let his eye wander to every face in front of him, as if searching the sincerity and braveness in them for the mission as a superhero. After he's satisfied with what he sees -- and no one what knows what's that -- he let out a sigh and opens his mouth.