1

A tall boy about six feet leans against the door pane, shoving his hands inside his jeans as his green eyes watch a girl with her back facing him making herself a cup of tea. His short blond hair that sticks everywhere tells someone like us that he's just woken up from his sleep. And he is, actually. After a while standing and taking in the beauty of the girl, he clears his throat to tell the girl he's there.

"Hermione!"

The girl's hand stirring the tea she's making stops moving and she turns her head around. "Yeah, Chipmunk," she replies with her natural soft voice.

Instantly, the boy glowers at her, totally disagree with the nickname Hermione has gotten for him -- though he thinks he should be used to it. He leans against the door frame taking his hands up across his chest. It takes him a few seconds to soften his gaze towards the smiling Hermione. "Aaron wants to see us," he tells her.

"Oh, okay." Hermione nods without any protest. She turns back to her drink and tastes it.

A metal against glass clings in the air when Hermione taps her tablespoon on the glass before leaving it in the sink. She then turns with a cup of tea in her hand and head towards the door. "Let's go," she whispers to the boy as she walks pass without looking at him.

The boy pushes himself off the wall and follows Hermione right behind her. "For the thousandth times, Hem, can you stop calling me 'Chipmunk?'" the boy warns.

Hermione snickers. "Why? I think that name suits you so well," she replies casually.

"I don't like it!" He throws his arms in the air.

"Ha! It's your fault that your face is as cute as a chipmunk. Otherwise, I might be calling you Giraffe because of your height or Monkey because you like to hang yourself on the monkey bar."

"Huh, I'd rather be called Giraffe or Monkey than Chipmunk if it means a good thing," Lukas mutters to himself. Even though he knows Hermione cannot see him, but he glares at the girl behind her head.

"Really?" Hermione looks at Lukas over her shoulder. Apparently, the girl heard what he said. "I see you've agreed with the nicknames I've given to you." The end of her lip twitches with a devilish smirk.

Lukas opens her mouth, prepared to bark back, but before anything comes out, Hermione beats him first.

"You know why Aaron wants to see us?" she asks her friend before taking a sip of her hot tea as they continue walking.

"No idea," Lukas replies. He sounds almost breathlesss to keep up with Hermione's quick pace.

"You think he wants us to go do another mission? Give a vacation perhaps," Hermione guesses, feeling excited with the thought being given a vacation.

Hermione holds his cup carefully as they ascend a flight of curling stairs. After about ten seconds they make it to the second floor, turn right in the hallway only to meet a long hallway that leads them towards a big doubled-door at the end of it.

"Perhaps," Lukas agrees. "But I hope it's a good news as I can't stand another bad news. Call me a girl, but a death of someone you know is not a joke," he points out.

Hermione's mood suddenly changes, remembering back to the last bad news she received from the Wit-Assassins Villa. The death of Arnold Rooster, the most important person in her life was very horrible especially when she wasn't there when it happened. Her heart glums when she remembers she could only see his grave now, not his face. That's totally not what she wants in her life.

The girl glances at Lukas, wanting to see his facial expression because she thought she heard his voice almost didn't project any emotion when he said about the death. Arnold Rooster was their father. Someone can't tall about him without showing any emotion. After a few second, Hermione turns back to the front, now too afraid to let Lukas to see her facial expression that may betray her.