Chapter 1. Away

Hi guys . Its been a while huh ? 

dedicated to @SierraRawr for making my amazing cover !

Iso you can kik me (same as wattpad username) or follow me on ig @coii_on_deckk. Let me know your from wattpad and i'll follow back .

Here ya go . -comments -votes etc. 

k you can read now . love you guys :*

______________________________________________

  The only sound visible to my ears was the eerie creak of the wooden floor, and the soft breathing of the man i once loved. I tip toed down the stairs as carefully as possible holding a lit candle in my hand. There was nowhere to go, but yet I crept into the nights sky.

  The streets were deserted as well as the stores, restaurants, and centers. I was alone in the cool night breeze, and my mind raced with thoughts as I paced down the sidewalk. My body was tense and  began to shake the farther away I became from home. Although it was dark the scenery was familiar. There the stars twinkled, aligned in the night's sky.

  After walking a few more blocks I spotted a 24 hour gas station in the distance. Its open sign barely clinging to the door. I brushed out into the darkness util the store's light took over most of my surroundings .

  I opened the door forcefully before stepping inside. Cool air blew against my face sending chills down my spine. The products were neatly stacked in rows on shelves. not an item out of place.  

  I scanned the aisles one by one looking to see if i could find something in my budget although, the prices seemed to be increasingly high. I decided i wasn't hungry anymore and began to walk out when i felt a soft touch.

"Can i help you with something" ?

  There he stood; his light brown eyes seemed to read my soul. His dainty curls were perfectly proped up on his head, and his caramel skin glistened in the lighting.

"Can I help you beautiful?" He asked again so very sincere.

 His warming smile instantly turned into a look of concern .

"What are you doing out here on these streets this time of night beautiful?" 

  The power of his intense stare began to build instantly and the distant sound of the stores generator mowed. 

"I uhh, i um.. ran away" 

   Frequently looking at my feet i tried my best to lose any and all eye contact with him. The words came out weakly and not much louder than a whisper

"Do you work here ?" I asked still shivering from the coolness of the night.

He nodded then put an arm around my shoulder embrassing my body.

"Yes, Are you alright you look quite shaken up. Do you have a place to stay tonight?"

"No" I bowed my head hopelessly wishing i was somewhere else, anywhere else, just not here.

"Well you do now. Look, my shift  is over in exactly 12 minutes after that i'll take you to my house"

"Thank you but i dont even k-know your name"

"Jacob, my name is Jacob"

I smilled a bit "My name is Aaliyah"

" Well, Aaliyah give me a few and we can go" 

  I took a seat behind the cash register where i watched as Jacob aliened each product, swept the floors and began to close up. He looked very concentrated . After shutting off the OPEN sign that hung from the door he led me outside to a blue Nissan Altama.  I watched as he opened the passenger door for me.

"Thank you Jacob"

"No need" 

He gave me a comforting wink then led himself to the opposite side of the car. 

  We road in silence for a while. Trying to process everything that had been going on was extremely hard for me. 

My thoughts were abruptly interrupted by Jacobs voice. 

"We're here" He parked the car and then reached for the door as did I .

  I strolled onto the porch while Jacob fumbled with his keys at he door. The house wasn't big but it was very well kept . The grass was freshly moved and the house was painted neatly in gold and white. Stepping inside it looked more spacious, he must take much pride in keeping his house clean. 

"Here we are "

" Your house is beautiful" 

  "Thanks its not much but its something. Let me show you to your room" Jacob led me down a long hallway then stopped once we reached the end . "Here it is. I'll go get you a towel and wash cloth. By the way if you ever need me i'm right next door"

  He exited the room leaving me standing in the doorway. I set the few items i brought along with me on the bed and shut the door. Boy was i tired . The soothing sounds of the wind hitting the window frame relaxed me and allowed me to ease up a bit. 

  "I'm back" Jacob sang before re-entering the room with the items he went to get . "I brought you a pair of boxers a T-shirt and basketball shorts to sleep in tonight." He handed me the clothes then smiled .

"oh no, really its fine . "

"I insist Aaliyah, you cant walk around here naked"

"Thank you for everything"

"No problem. Now get some sleep beautiful. I'll see you in the morning " He then closed the door shut before i could reply and with that i changed my clothes and climbed in bed. 

I stared at the ceiling long and hard.

Please don't come for me . 

_______________________________________________ 

Goal- I don't really have one just comment and vote please

Whats gonna happen next  ? Ion even know to be honest . Haha bye guys 

X)