Chapter 1. Discovered

Mulai dari awal

"It's okay little pup. I'm not gonna hurt you." He mumbled just loud enough for the wolf to hear. He outstretched his hand more and approached the wolf cautiously.
This time, the feature sniffed the hand just the slightest. If you hadn't guessed, the wolf isn't a normal one. She could smell if a player or someone could be trusted depending on their feelings. She could even catch some of their thoughts when she was focused enough.
The wolf unfurled a bit from her furry clump and attempted to stand up on its tiny blackened paws but collapsed. The boy took out both hands in the blink of an eye and caught the wolf in his arms. His brought her closer to his chest and stroked her messed up fur. The wolf rested her head on his arm and closed her eyes for she knew, she was safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boy sped up his pace as he whirled his head around quickly. The Aether guards were right on his heels but they didn't have a chance against a glitch like himself. He closed his eyes and focused on where he wished to go. Then in a heartbeat, he glitched a few blocks upward and slightly farther away from the guards. Small golden flakes of code flew off him as he ran faster but they soon faltered back to nothing as he kept running.
His gaze flickered over to the tiny white wolf pup in his hands. She was incredibly thin and tired. He was so curious on how she had gotten in that wreckage and who she was. He wanted to take care of her until she had the will to venture on her own. It would definitely be a change from his usual lonesome life of running from hunters and occasionally stealing a couple sacks of gold nuggets.
His pace quickened when he heard the guards' heavy metal boots getting slightly closer. He willing to lose them at any cost, other than letting the tiny wolf go or anything.
Suddenly, there was a loud explosion heard and the boy was thrown off his feet. He flew through the the air at a rapid speed and clung even tighter to the wolf. He closed his eyes and just at the last second of hitting the ground, he glitched about ten blocks away and onto a roof. He panted rapidly and a volt of adrenaline shot through his veins as he caught the handle of his breath to slow it down. He took deep even breaths and looked behind him. His large headphones shifting position for the millionth time today.
There was a large crater layered with swirling rising dust where he had just been. He was extremely dumbfounded at what or who had caused it but sighed as he saw a boy dressed in green standing behind a nearby house. His toxic green eyes revealed himself as a glitch and the boy knew that he was the one responsible. He had just saved him and the wolf.
The green dressed boy waved and smirked in a positive fashion and the gold and white boy thanked him with a simple wave. Then in a blink of an eye, the green boy glitched away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The tiny white wolf awoke after a few minutes and saw herself laying comfortably on the roof of a spruce wood house. The boy was laying on his back with his hands folded neatly on his chest and his eyes closed. His chest rose and fell in a steady motion and his hands twitched every couple of seconds.
The wolf tried to stand up but felt slightly strange. She looked at her paws and jumped. They weren't paws anymore, they were pale hands! She reached her hand up to her head and felt the smooth white and blue tipped curls resting on her shoulders. She had morphed back into a human in her sleep!

Oh no no no no no no no. How am I gonna tell him? She said to herself in fright. What was the boy going to say when he awoke to a girl in the place of a wolf? How was she going to persuade him it she was actually the wolf?
She stood up and paced around on the roof of the house. Her mind raced as she thought of a way to tell him. Her heavy white boots tapped against the hard slanted, wooden surface.
Suddenly, the silence was sliced in half by a yawn. The boy's eyes (or eye) fluttered open and his glowing yellow gaze shifted over to the girl. She jumped and froze as he didn't look away. Then he looked down and saw the white wolf was gone and the girl was put in as a replacement.

The boy stuttered. "W-w-where's the wolf?" His mind spun around in confusion inside his blocky head. He'd never encountered something so out of the ordinary.

"Wh-who are y-you?" He asked. His gaze continuously flickering back and forth to the spot on the roof and to the girl.
The girl sighed. Her two large blue and white ears drooping. "I'm the white wolf you found. I'm not an ordinary player either. My name is Pallynne, and I'm an Aether wolf hybrid. Also a glitch. I'm one of the very few that's still existing. I thank you for helping me at that time when no one else did." She explained calmly. Her breaths were frightened and you could probably tell she's not used to talking to people. Her tone was scared and nervous but deep down, you could see a brave person that would defend anyone at any cost.
Pallynne kneeled down and crawled slightly closer to the boy. She held out her hand and he cautiously took it.

"My name's Jax. Just a golden glitch that's been on the run for far too long. If you'd like, you could join me but I assure you, it's more definitely not fun being the hunted." He explained slowly getting used to Pallynne's presence.

The female glitch smiled. "I'd be more than happy to join you. I have no one as well."

And that's how the friendship between Jax and Pallynne began. They went through countless twists and turns together and obviously, neither of them were perfect. Pallynne always had trouble with controlling her glitching, but Jax barely ever did it. He could teleport a couple blocks away with ease. But Pallynne couldn't.
Jax was incredibly skilled with close combat, but Pallynne could barely pull a sword out of its sheath. She could fire a gun, bow, crossbow, and even knives at opponents but she can't hold a sword because of her permanently weak arms and legs.
That all continued for approximately five years. Now, they are such good friends on the run, you'd expect them to be brother and sister. Well, until one peculiar day.