He Can Fix Anything

Jason's pov

I'm taking Sierra to a concert in town. Hopefully it'll help her with her ticks again. Maybe I'll even try to get her to sing with me. Miranda's gonna meet us later. "I don't know about this daddy." She mumbles, clutching her guitar. "What's wrong sweetheart? You love singing." "Yeah but... All those people.... What if they don't like me?" "Oh darlin' they will. You're a great singer just like your old man." I say, patting her back. "I don't want to!" Ugh. "Ok, honey stay back here with uncle Mike then." I sigh and go onstage. I wish Sierra would come sing with me again.

Mike's pov

I wonder what's wrong with Sierra, she's not like herself at all. She stares at Jason while he performs. "Why don't you want to sing?" I ask, bending down to her eye level. She looks away which she hasn't done in a while. "Sierra talk to me. Talk to Uncle Mike." She just shies away. I need to find out what's wrong, maybe Jason knows.

*later*

"Dude, Sierra was acting really weird...... Like she was not looking at me and stuff." He sighs and lowers his guitar. "You know how their mom showed up at the wedding for a minute or two?" I nod. "Well it upset Sierra so bad that she left again that she started having her ticks again. I was hoping getting her onstage would help." The little girl fidgets with the hem of her dress. "Can we go home?" She mumbles, staring at the floor. He sighs, staring at her worriedly. "Yeah. Let's go on home."

Jason's pov

I get her loaded up in the car and while I'm putting my guitar up, Holdin' my own by Eric Church comes on. I hear Sierra singing to it. "And when my time on earth is done, I hope they write it on my stone, I lived loved and died holdin' my own!" I smile, listening to my adorable little girl. "Yeah I lived loved and died holdin' my own!" I get in the drivers seat and put Eric's new album in and turn it to that song. "With one arm around my baby one arm around my boys, a heart that still pretty crazy and a head that hates the noise, if the world comes a knockin' tell 'em I'm not home, tell 'em I'm holdin' my own!" She sings loud and proud like before. I pull to the side of the road. "Baby girl, tell me what's wrong? You've been upset since the wedding." She sighs staring at her skirt, withdrawn again. "This truck ain't movin' til you talk." "I guess I'm just bummed mommy doesn't love me." I turn around in my seat. I know exactly what to say now. "Sweetheart please look at me." She finally looks up and has tears in her eyes. "That lady who keeps leaving is not your mommy, your mama is sitting at home right now on the couch probably wondering where we are right now. She's the one who cares about you, not the lady who keeps leaving. She's no good. You shouldn't even miss someone as mean as her." "You're right, my sister takes better care of me then mommy ever did!" "You okay now?" She smiles. "Yeah let's go home. We shouldn't worry mama like this." I smile. "That's my girl."

Miranda's pov

Jason and Sierra get home. She's riding on his shoulders. "How was the concert?" I ask, setting down my magazine. "It was great!" She cries. He sets her down. "Ok you run along me and mama have to have a talk." Uh oh. She goes to her room. "She wouldn't get onstage with me this time." Oh no! "That's what I was afraid of!" I cry, covering my eyes. He pulls my hands down. "Relax Sweetheart I figured it out. And worked all the problems out. She's back to her old self, well her new self I guess." He says. "You're the best Jason." I gasp, hugging him. "Baby girl, you have nothing to worry about." He says, kissing me. He's my saving grace.

*later*

We were laying in bed, my head in the crook of his arm. "Sierra's gonna be okay right?" I whisper. He kisses my head. "Of course she is honey. She's gonna be just fine."

THE END