deadbeat mom

Miranda's pov

"M-Mom? I-I thought you w-were dead?" I stammer, shakily. "No, I'm sorry. I just had to disappear and I knew Sierra was well taken care of with you." I cross my arms. She had to disappear? Why? Where did she go? Someone knocks on the door. "Baby, we're ready?" My eyes go to the door. "Jason, um... Open the door." "But you said-" "Just.... Do it!" He does as told.

Jason's pov

Who's the new girl? Wait a second! I look in between both girls. "Um babe, who's this?" "J-Jason m-meet my mother." My eyes go wide. "But..... Wait? How?" "I'm sorry. I ruined your wedding by coming. I won't ever bother you again. I'm so sorry." She whimpers, hugging Miranda. She's too caught off guard to say or do anything. "I'll just go." I can tell Miranda wants to stop her. I stand in the doorway, blocking her exit. "We don't want you to leave. We just want to know what happened!" I say, keeping my voice calm. "Can we talk after. I'd rather not talk here." "Ok..... After." I am so confused. Her mom goes out and I close the door behind me. "I can't believe it. Mom's alive." I hug her. "I'm so happy for you." I can feel her crying. "Ready baby?" She smiles. I kiss her forehead. "I'll be waiting for you." I walk back out there and stand by Mike on the altar. He puts a hand on my shoulder, my hands clasped in front of myself. "You did good man." He says. I smile and the doors open. A tear hints at my eye as my wonderful girl walks down the aisle with Luke leading. She hugs Luke and stands across from me. I hold her hands.

*after*

All the hustle and bustle at the reception, I'm completely turned around. Someone puts their hands on my shoulders, forcing me to sit down in a chair. "What's going on guys?" Luke, Mike, Tully, and Kurt all stand by the chair. "Whoa!" I cry in surprise when they lift it in the air. "Guys what the hell are you doing?!" Tully laughs. "It's a Jewish tradition!" I glare at them. "I'm not Jewish!" "Who cares? It's a party." "Put me down!" Finally they do and I dust myself off and grab another beer. Sierra runs over wearing a purple dress. Just like my daydream. "Daddy! Guess who's here?!" She cries, jumping up and down, a little ball of energy again. "Who baby girl?" I ask picking her up. "Mama!" "Well of course mama's here. This is her wedding!" I say laughing. "No! My real mommy!" She jumps down, grabbing my hand. I've already met her but I'll let her humor me. She walks to Miranda. I stare at her confused. She's crying and her fists are clenched at her sides. "Babe, what's wrong?" "Where's mommy?" Sierra asks. "She's gone. She left.... Again." Oh that's why she's upset. "Can we.... I just want to go home." She says. I sigh and hug her. "Sure darlin' let's go home." I hold her hand and pick Sierra back up. We drive home in silence and when we get home we all change into more comfy clothes and I get Sierra laid down for bed. "How ya holdin' up baby?" I ask, walking into our room. "I'm not even going to care. She doesn't. So why should I?!" She's so heartbroken. I squeeze her hand and kiss her head. "Let's just go to bed hun." "Yeah you're right." I lay down, pulling her close. This long day sure was an odd one.