Chapter 1: The Wolf Pack

Siren Everlark ( Alpha) POV

Watching over the training, I hardly notice when my Beta joins me. 

"Alpha."

"What are you here for Beta Telania?"

"There's a human on the outer edge of our territory."

"What?!?!"

"He demands an audience with you, says he wants to recruit this pack,"

"For what? Did he specify?"

"No Alpha, all he said is that he requested an audience with the Alpha of the Wolf Pack,"

"Then we'll give him one. Send for the best warriors in the pack. It might be a trap,"

"Yes Alpha," with that my Beta walked away.

I had known this day would come. The humans would drag us into their puny war, our peace would soon be interrupted and blood would fall. I didn't want to help, I had too. Without the wolf pack, their rebellion would fall and we would be hunted by the government again. We were the last pack. Without us werewolf kind would be extinct. Dead, gone forever.

I sighed, I had to make the call. I raised my voice...

*****************************************************************************************************

Alex's POV

I had waited for a while now, I had had to disguise my scent so the Wolf Pack wouldn't recognise me. I was a werewolf, but they didn't need to know that. The Alpha was to meet me at the camp, the Beta and the Gamma would do the introductions for her here. I hoped to meet the almighty Alpha of the proclaimed last pack. Everyone knew her story, her mate had abandoned her. I sympathised with her I had lost my mate too. My idiotic twin had abandoned her, I hadn't though. The rebels had found me when I was searching for her. Since I told them that my mate may have joined the Wolf Pack, they agreed to send me here in the place of their human ambassador. 

The Wolf Pack would figure it out pretty soon that I was a werewolf, so I enjoyed it while it lasted. A chance to dupe the world's greatest elite warriors, was not an everyday enjoyment. I smiled, my mate. She would soon be mine. I had left my pack in the care of my Beta, Ben. Whilst the Wolf Pack was female, my pack the Shadow Pack was male. They were assassins, we were front-line fighters. I would have to ask the Alpha to join our packs. I wouldn't mind losing my position as Alpha. I had only gained it after our Ex-Alpha was killed defending some humans. That was the only way that the Werewolf race would continue. I don't think they knew that our pack existed. Almost nobody knew. We were formed of rogues and people from lost packs. I had been picked up when my ex-pack the Black Moon pack was murdered by the hunters.

My pack used to be full of laughter, full of fun. My mother and father were killed defending the nursery. I was only seven at that time. I remember the panic of trying to keep the kids safe.

*********************************************Flash Back*********************************************

The screams and the growls reached us through the solid wood, I felt the smaller one huddling closer. My twin sat against me, growling at the closed door. Heard the whimpers, saw the frightened faces. We had to escape, the only was was through the back of the panel, there was a short run till we would be free and safe. I was to be responsible, I was the oldest. The rest of the six and seven year olds had agreed to hold the babies. I heard a thump against the wooden door. The slide of a body slowly dying, we had to go now.

Pushing the back panel open I pushed all the children out of the trapdoor, before running out myself. The cold air hit me like knives and I almost staggered. The children were sprinting for the tunnel, I followed. They were crawling into the tunnel, me pushing them, telling them to hurry and they did. My brother slammed into a rogue and killed him with a swift nip. Then he ran towards me jumping smoothly inside. I crawled in myself once everyone was inside. I wasn't quick enough, I felt a searing pain from my back. I kicked back with my legs, slamming the grate shut. We were safe... 

*******************************************Flash Back(End)******************************************

I still had the scar, it stretched from my elbow down to my waist. It had healed but not quick enough. My brother had a scar too but it was on his shoulder, a bite mark, it could have been fatal if not for werwolf healing. I had been worried for his life, but he survived. Me and my twin used to be so close but after he rejected our mate and she had run away.

*********************************************Flash Back*********************************************

I felt a pain shoot up my spine and my wolf howled in pain. 

Our mate!

My wolf whimpered in fear, what happened to her?

I rush over to my twin just in time to see her fleeing from the ball.

"You were better of without her, she was an omega!" my brother said to me.

"She was our mate!" I yelled back, "You might have rejected her, but I haven't I swear I will find her!"

"You would pick her over me, some twin you turned out to be!" He retorted.

"I don't have a twin!" I screamed back at him.

I ran out of the door, chasing after her scent. I detected sadness and pain among it and my wolf howled in agony.

I was deep into the forest in which she had run into when I heard the bomb explode. The sky lit up in explosions. Then the screams reached my ears, the screams of werwolves. I stopped in my tracks, I tried to reach out to my brother, all I got was silence. He was dead... 

*******************************************Flash Back(End)******************************************