The fight kept going on. I was quickly tiring out. I could tell he was also tiring out. He was uneven on his feet. I was seeing two of him. Blood covered my knuckles. I could feel it drip down my face. I ducked punching him a couple times in the stomach. He crouched down under the pain. I slammed my fist under his jaw. He stumbled backwards. My body was so sore, and my knuckles were black. He attacked, kicking me in the side throwing me down. He wanted to finish this. He was hitting me ruthlessly. I thought I might loose this fight. All I sound see was his fist. It was the only thing I could feel too. I brought my feet up and kicked him off of me. I slowly got up. I had time now since he was doing the same. I staggered towards him. I punched him in the face. He grabbed my arm and tried to twist it around. I turned and stomped on his foot. I elbowed him in the throat. He struggled to breath. I was running on adrenaline. I kicked him in the face. He tried to seize me by the throat. I took his arm, and threw him over me. He hit the bars. The fight was over. And I was barely standing. He was out cold when they dragged him out.

I didn't feel like I had won anything. I didn't feel good, in fact I felt incredibly awful. I wasn't sure if I had broken anything. My body was in so much pain, I just laid down on the ground trying to numb the pain with the coolness of the concrete under me.

I had this feeling that he didn't give me his all, that he pulled some of his punches. I think he could have easily beat me. But he didn't. I didn't know why. I thought maybe it was because he didn't have anything to fight for. I wanted to go home, I wanted to continue working, living. I had a reason to win, he didn't he'll stay here working for them. He looked like a shadow of a man, his real self was gone or hidden. He just didn't seem real.

The next day, I tried to escape. But I was too weak to make any big moves. My knuckles were black, and my chest was so sore. It felt like I had broken every rib in there. It was making it almost hard to breath. They didn't mess with me the day after the fight. I didn't know what they wanted me to do. I had a feeling that they wanted to see me fight a few more people once I was better. They paraded a group of people by my cell, they looked young and strong. I had the feeling that they were also enhanced, maybe stronger than the first man?

It had been two days since my fight, and I felt like I was strong enough to get out of here. I had to at least try. It was late at night, when I grabbed the leg of a guard by my cell. It was all too easy, they were being careless. I grabbed his leg and threw him into the other guard. I took the keys from his pocket and unlocked myself. I undressed them and took their uniforms. I dragged them into the cell and I was gone. I was almost out when they noticed and all the base went into lock down. The group of people they paraded around my cage were at each exit. I disguised myself with pilots headed out to the airstrip ready to search the ground for me. I was almost out when the ID of the guards didn't have access to the planes. The man from the group that saw me yesterday was at the exit, he caught me and grabbed me tackling me to the ground. He was definitely enhanced, he was strong, almost stronger than Steve. I kicked him off of me and tried to kick him. He caught my leg and sent me flying into the wall. He came running towards me and I grabbed his shoulders and slammed his head into the wall. He was out. I grabbed his ID and used it to leave the base. I kept my disguise as a pilot and left on a plane. I ditched the plane somewhere in Asia and caught a ride to the nearest city. From there SHIELD got me out in less than twenty minutes.

Before I had any chance of talking to Fury about what had happened with the Tesseract, or what had happened on that mission I was ushered on a quinjet headed towards the Helicarrier. I was taken to the medical bay first. They sedated me and that was the last thing I remember.

I felt the bed dip down as someone sat on the far corner of it. I slowly opened my eyes to look at whoever it was.

"I had a feeling you weren't asleep." Steve said smiling. He adjusted himself a bit so his arm was on the other side of my legs and so he could face me better.