Chapter 2: Sometimes, Dreams are More than Just Dreams

Here is the second chapter.  This is my first time actually writing 1D so please bear with me.  I'm pretty sure it's going to take me a little while to get used to writing the guys.  I'm not very funny, so I will try my best with Louis.  Anyway, I hope you like the chapter.  =)

Chapter 2:  Sometimes, Dreams are More than Just Dreams

    "No!!!"  I gasped for air as my hands clenched the bedding around me and I sat upright.  "It was a dream.  It was all just a dream!"  I practically yelled, trying to convince myself.  I quickly stood up and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water, and then I threw it in my face.

    "It was only a dream."  I repeated again.  "I mean, what else could it be?"

    I passed back and forth in the middle of the kitchen, trying to sort it all out.  I finally sighted and headed back to my room, trying to return to my restless sleep.

xxx

    "Harry, get out of bed, you lazy bum!  We've got things to do today."  I heard Louis shout at me through my door.  It was no trouble getting up, since I hadn't fallen asleep again.  I stood, got dressed and then headed down to the joint common room of the building.  My band and I shared an apartment building with each of us having our own rooms, bathrooms, and lounges, while all sharing the common area.  Our company found this easier on everyone.

    I wasn't really hungry so I sat on the sofa.  While I sat and stared at nothing in particular, Liam and Louis were talking about the plan for the day.  Zayn came and sat beside me, and Niall slowly dredged out of bed and headed towards the stove to make some eggs.

    "Ok, we have a meeting in 30 minutes at the studio, and then recording some of the new ideas for the album at 3.  That's it for today."  Liam announced to everyone.  We all nodded or answered yet to the schedule.  I stood and headed to the door with Liam and Louis on my tail.

    "What's up with you today, mate?"  Louis asked as we three were walking down the street to the studio.

    "I just have a lot on my mind."  I answered.

    "A lot on your mind?  Are you sure this is the same Harry we know and love?"  Louis asked teasingly as he poked me in the arm and looked over at Liam for confirmation.  Liam laughed at Louis and then looked curiously at me as well.  I couldn't help but smile.

    "I just had a really weird dream last night."  I told them while watching my feet.

    "How weird?  Like a toaster running around in its underwear yelling that it's a horse weird?  Or just plain odd feeling weird?"  Louis asked me with a straight face.  I burst out laughing, and Liam shook his head with a smile on his face.

    "Just odd feeling weird, I'm sure it's nothing."  I said once I caught my breath, the guys nodded as we reached the studio.  Louis entered, followed by Liam, and just as I was about to enter, I saw a familiar face.  One with long dark brown, pale skin and soft green eyes.

    "Harry, mate.  You coming?"  Louis asked as I shut the door and went in the direction I was called.

xxx

    "Did the meeting really have to take that long?  I'm hungry."  Louis complained as we all left the studio.

    "We have three hours free.  Why don't we all get lunch?"  Liam suggested and the rest of us all agreed.

    "Any ideas?"  I asked, and Zayn spoke up almost immediately.

    "There is a really good restaurant right around the corner."  We all nodded and let Zayn lead the way.  We quickly arrived and we were seated at a table.  We all ordered, and ordered more than usual, considering my lack of breakfast this morning.  When our food came we were chatting amongst ourselves.  I was literally about to dive into my plate when I heard something that stopped me.

    I looked around to see where it was coming from.  Right at the entrance of the restaurant was a girl and her friend.  One was giggling under her breath and the other was about to fall over from laughter.  The second girl was pretty, no doubt, but it was the first one that caught my eye.  Her dark flowing brown hair, soft green eye, and sincere smile.  It was the same girl I saw before the meeting, but somehow I knew that I had seen her before that.

    "What's up Harry?"  Niall asked me from across the table.

    "I know I know that girl from somewhere."  I said, racking my brain for the answer.

    "Who?  The one nearly falling over?"  Liam asked as he looked the second girl over.

    "No, the other one."

    "I don't know her."  Louis added with his mouth full of his lunch.  Zayn smacked him and the whole table started to laugh.  The two girls continued laughing as they were led to their own table and left my line of sight.

    "I'm sure I know her from somewhere."  I said when I could no longer see her.

    "I'm sure you do, mate."  Niall said between bites.  I sighed and then finished eating my meal.

    "Well, we've still got two hours before recording.  I'm going to go back to the flat and watch the game I had recorded."  Louis told us.  Niall nodded that he would go with, and the other two then headed their own ways, as did I.

    Now what on Earth led me to take a walk?  I have no clue, but here I was, wandering alone in  a park an hour later.  My thoughts had seemed to carry me away.  I was so caught up, I didn't even notice that I bumped into someone, causing them to drop everything in their hands.

    "Oh!  I am so sorry.  I wasn't watching where I was going."  The girl exclaimed as she knelt down to pick up her books and papers that she dropped.

    "It's ok, neither was I."  I answered as I reached down to help pick up her stuff.  We both stood and I handed her books I collected and I almost gasped.  Was she everywhere?  It was the same girl again.  The one with the long dark hair,  and the soft green eyes, but now her cheeks were bright red.  I was at a loss for words.  What would I say?  What should I do?

    "Please, let me make it up to you."  I offered.  "Let me buy you a coffee?"  He cheeks burned brighter.

    "Sure, I know the perfect place."  She smiled and then tugged on my arm, gesturing that I follow her as she walked down the street towards the end of down town.   A few moments later we were standing in front of a tiny little cafe.  She turned to me and smiled.

    I knew I knew this place too.  It was all too familiar.  "I'm Amber, by the way."

a/n:  And that is the end of chapter two.  Still getting the hang of it, but I'm really enjoying writing this story so far.  Please tell me what you think.  =)

Thank you for reading my story

DramaticInvisibleGirl