Chapter 32: Panic

I woke up a while later. The sunlight was streaming through the cracks in the blinds on the windows. The sun's rays hitting my face and warming my bare skin. I was trapped to the bed by Zayn's body.

He was lying right next to me. His bare chest was pressed against my side. The only thin fabric separating us was my bra. His leg was hooked around my legs, entangling them yet keeping them still at the same time.

One arm held onto my waist with an iron-like grip, fingers digging into my flesh. The other arm was across my chest, palm pressed against my shoulder and finger pads stuck to my skin. I turned my head a little to look at Zayn.

His face looked so peaceful. The usual angry lines that I was beginning to think were permanent disappeared. Light snores escaped his lips. I smiled to myself.

I tried to slip out of bed and put some clothes on, but Zayn had me locked down. His tight on me grew stronger, and slightly painful, once I started to wiggle. But he was still asleep. It's like even unconscious Zayn needs me by his side all the time too.

"Zayn..." I whispered, trying to push against his chest. He dug his fingers into my flesh and pulled me as tightly as he could into his chest. His breathing was still slow and even, so he was still asleep.

I didn't want him to wake up and find me in his bed, in his underwear, because I didn't want him to think our relationship would be that easy.

I mean, I want to be with him, but there were parts of us that we needed to work out. Or, we could just do what we always do and sweep it under the rug.

I gave up and just rested my head against his tattooed chest. I guess find our near naked bodies entangled isn't the worst thing that Zayn has seen throughout his years.

I let my hands rest against his abdomen. Slowly, my eyes began to shut and I drifted back off to sleep.

"Darlin'." Someone cooed above me. I pretended not to hear whoever it was, and turned my head to the side.

"Come on, Hannah, wake up." Someone chuckled. I felt a hand graze across my cheeks, but I slapped it away.

"No." I mumbled, not willing to open my eyes.

"It's quarter to one, Darlin'. Eleanor will have both my head and yours if we're late." He tugged at my shoulders gently. I opened my eyes a little.

"Wha-" I rubbed my eyes and sat up slowly. A now dressed Zayn was sitting right in front of me, a beautiful smile gracing his features.

"And you gotta get changed. I won't let you go out of this apartment wearing... that." I met his eyes, which were staring down at my body with a black lust. I rolled my eyes and crawled off the bed.

I let out a gasp as he grabbed my ankle and pulled me back to him. I watched with large eyes as he climbed over me and leaned down into my face.

"I think we have a few minutes to spare..." He smirked. I took the chance to slide right out from underneath him and roll onto the floor. Just as I was walking out his bedroom door, he came up behind me.

"You're going to have to try harder than that, Zaynie." I patted his cheek and headed down to where my stuff was.

"You're lucky that you look so damn good in your knickers or else I would've taken you over my knee for calling me that." He growled behind me. I picked out some clothes and began to walk down to the guest room.

"What, you don't like it when I call you Zaynie?" I asked with an innocent smile.

"Stop provoking me." He warned, but I could tell he was kidding by the goofy grin on his face.