Hair Lover

I never expected to get a job in hair when my mom told me that I should go into cosmetology. Of course she would want me to get a job in in hair, she was a cosmetologist herself as well when she was my age. 

Hi my name is Miranda and I'm 19 years old. Since I was young I've always loved playing with dolls, especially with hair. My mom one time for Christmas got me a big model head with a bunch of hair on it so I could practice my hair skills. I guess you can say that's where my dream started to have a job in hair.

__________________________________________

It's been 3 months since I've been in the business with hair, I'm loving it so far and can't wait for more challenges. I was on my way to work when I got a phone call from my boss. She said that a big music band manager was looking for a new hair stylist, that had good skills in hair and loved what they did to put up with the boys. At first I was shocked, me doing hair for a big music band, that would sure be a step up, but the question that kept going around in my head was, who was this band? 

I told her that I wouldn't mind getting an interview with the manager, and she was excited for me over the phone way more then I was that's for sure. I finally got to work and my boss just lost it, she was yelling at the top of her lungs that someone in their unit is going to be a hair stylist for a big musical band. And that's how rumors start. 

Lucky enough for me I found out who the band was, it was One Direction, and yeah they're a huge band, that made me even more nervous. 

_________________________________________

1 week has flown by so quickly I couldn't believe it. Today was my day for the interview, and I do hope I do well to get in. I did my hair up nice and dressed well for the interview, I didn't want to look stupid on my first day of a huge interview like this. 

The time finally came I was even more nervous then before. The manager called me in and I walked in nicely like a normal person would. I don't know how they walk in to an interview but I did it normally. She told me to sit down and I did as I was told, the women was extremely  beautiful and I couldn't believe she wasn't dating one of the boys from the band. 

"So, Miranda." She said my name and my head shot up, I didn't want to miss anything she said to me. "You love doing hair, and you've done it ever since you were little correct?" I shyly nodded and smiled, thought nothing came out of my mouth. Say something you idiot. "Oh yes I have, I love it a lot and I guess you can say it was all thanks to my mother." She smiles at me while flicking through my interview sheets. 

"That's nice, it's always good to have someone that can impact you in a good way" She smiled and asked me other questions like what my age was, my high school GPA, what I really look for in life, my strengths and skills in the job of cosmetology. After I answered everything very calmly she told me 'thanks for coming' and told me to wait in the lobby. 

_______________________________________

After what felt like an eternity, the women called me back in. Though this time I wasn't alone in the room, the boys of One Direction were in there with me this time. She smiled and told me to sit down and as always I did what I was told. The boys were even more attractive in person then on TV or online. 

Harry looked so handsome with his long curly hair, If I get the job I can't wait to do his hair. The women cleared her throat and I snapped out of my day dream. She looked at me and smiled showing her straight white teeth. "Well Miranda, these are the boys and I talked to them about your interview, and..." This was the most nerve tacking moment in my life, what's she going to say 'No sorry the boys don't think you're good enough', 'The boys don't like you're looks, and don't want you to be their hair stylist', 'Sorry next time'. All those kind of answers swirled throughout my head, and I thought I was going to throw up.

"and...the boys think you'd be perfect being their new hair stylist." She smiled one more time, "Congratulations, you're officially the One Direction hair stylist." She then gave me papers on the boys and their hair and products, and the challenges of their hair and stuff. I took the folder politely and said 'thank you'. This was amazing, I can't believe it, it's really a dream come true. 

_______________________________________

I'm standing in the boys hair styling room, it really is hard to believe, never would I have dreamed that I would be standing here. Niall comes in and I have to work my magic on his hair. I look at his folder and get an idea on what I'm spose to do. Niall smiles and sits in the chair, I then start my magic on his hair. I have to wash it, put some dying supplies in his hair so he can still keep that blondish look. 

After I've done Niall, Louis, and Liam my final act came in, Harry. Of course his hair was going to be the best I don't know why I thought that, just something about his hair I just loved so much. He gave me a warm smile and sat in the chair. Not only that I actually get to do his hair in person, but I actually get to do my crushes hair in person. I started to get Harry's products out when I got interrupted. 

"So, what's you're name again?" He asked in a raspy voice. Funny he doesn't even know his hair stylist name, but I guess that's fine, I mean I am new after all.

"My name is Miranda" I smile and set the products down while getting the water pressure warm but not too warm so I don't burn his skin. "That's a pretty name" I looked at him and saw him smirk slightly, I smile back. He think my name is pretty, wow that's not something I hear everyday, and to tell you what, It's nice to hear it every once and a while. 

"Thank you, that's sweet of you" I smile and moved his chair over to the sink. He gave me another smile and reached over and touched my long hair. I stood in almost shock that he touched my hair, I don't understand why he would, it's not as nice as his. 

"Your hair is beautiful, I love the texture of it, and the color is remarkable..." He looked at me with those bright green eyes that are to die fore and smiled showing his straight white teeth, and his dimples popped out as well. "Thank you Harry, you flatter me" I smile and wet his hair, rubbing my fingers through his wet hair was so amazing, I never thought I would be in this position. 

____________________________________

It's been 2 weeks since I've been the hair stylist for One Direction. I was sitting in my hair styling room when I heard a knock on my door, "Come on in!" I get my papers sorted out and put them on the desk. I looked up to see Harry walk in with a big smile on his face, unusual for him to come in my office like this without any warning. 

"Oh hi Harry" I smile in surprise, "What can I do for you hun?" I look at him as he sits down in the chair across my desk. "Miranda, can I ask you something?" I smile and nod of head in curiosity on what it could possibly be that he wants to ask me. "Sure of course, anything" I smile. 

"Will you go on a date with me?" He looked at me a little nervous when he asked me his question. I was shocked at what he asked me. Why would he want to go out with me on a date? there's nothing really special about me, I'm just his hair stylist. I smile and put my head down to cover my face so he doesn't notice me blushing. I look back up after a few seconds and smile at him. 

"Yes I would love to Harry" He then smiles and leans over the desk and gave me a kiss on the cheek, I felt a tingly feeling in my hands and smiled returning the gesture.