"And speaking of that, I'm actually calling to check on Pie too. Is she there yet?"

Kim's eyes automatically searched the room, as if double-checking if she's alone or not. "She's not yet here, dude. In fact, I haven't seen here since I woke up this morning."

"Hmmm..."

"Why? Something wrong with her?"

"I... uh... I don't know if my intuition serves me right... but I think... I have a feeling that Pie likes you, dude..."

"H-how could you say so?"

"It's just a gut feeling, but yeah, I think she's jealous of Nam the way Nam is jealous of her."

"How did you know that?"

"I was with her this morning. We had a quick coffee talk about you and Nam. After that, she told me she'd get back to your room right away. I've been gone there for more than an hour now and she hasn't come back yet. I think she's not really okay."

"I... I don't get it, dude. Nam told me she left early this morning to give us time to talk."

"It may seem like that but I think it's not what she really wants to happen..."

Kim gritted her teeth. "Did she say anything to you?"

"Not much. She keeps on saying that she's okay but I really think she's not. I can see it in her eyes, dude. I don't mean to keep your hopes up, but I really have a hunch that she's afraid of losing you to Nam."

Kim rose up from the bed and walked back and forth while massaging a hand on her temples. "What should I do when she gets back here?"

"Observe her first. I don't think confessing is the best way to do yet."

"Weren't you the one who's telling me yesterday to confess?"

"Well, it's a different case this time. You just came from a 'breakup', right? You wouldn't want Pie to feel that she's a 'rebound'."

"Oh." Kim scratched her head. "Maybe you're right."

"Just observe her for now. Observe the things she'll do after you tell her what happened to you and Nam."

"I surely will."

"Alright, so... I guess I'll see you soon in Bangkok?"

"Yup, yup, I'll see you soon. Thanks."

---

Pie is back walking down the beachside that time while enjoying watching the kids playing and running. She glanced at her watch and noticed that it's past 10:30 am. She didn't realize how time flew quickly. Her mind has been totally occupied with her anxiety.

She knew that the talk is over by now as what Nam had promised. However, she's afraid to go back yet. She's dying to know how the talk ended but she doesn't want to think about it because she's scared of the answer.

---

The sound of the running water from the bathroom is echoing in that silent room. Kim turned off the shower to check if she could hear any movement from the room. To her dismay there was none.

Kim went out of the bathroom, dried herself, and changed clothes. She grabbed her phone on the bedside table, planning to make a call, but was disappointed to see Pie's phone left in there too. She sighed deeply and sat down on the bed. After all the things that had happened, all she wanted to do now is to see Pie.

---

11:07 am

Pie checked her watch after roaming around the souvenir shop, looking to buy something for her mom. She knew she needs to go back now to pack her things. Although she's not really sure why she's acting the way she's acting now, she knows she needs to calm herself down. Whatever the result is, she'll face it with full courage.