"Happy birthday, Nam," said Pie, linking arms with Kim.

"That's so sweet of you guys, thank you."

"You're welcome," Pie and Kim said in unison.

"By the way, Kim, is it just me or you looked kind of tired?" asked Shone, concerned.

"Honestly I'm a bit tired. Traffic was terrible," said Kim, massaging her temples.

"But did you get some sleep last night? Your eyes are dark," Nam followed up.

"I slept early but I woke up early too. I had to pick up this baby from her house this morning." Kim patted Pie on the head.

Feeling guilty, Pie wrapped her arms around Kim's waist. "Awww, my honey is tired because of me."

Kim didn't expect that move from Pie but then she recovered immediately. "It's okay. It's as if I have a choice. You'd be mad anyway if I didn't pick you up, right?"

"Of course! That's your responsibility to me."

Kim laughed, amazed at Pie's acting. "I know, I know. I'm not complaining, okay?"

Pie hooked her chin on Kim's shoulder, tightening her hug. "I'll give you a massage later, what do you say?"

"Okay, okay, you better get a room now, you two cupcakes," said Shone, handing them the keycards to their room. "We hope you'll like the rooms here."

"Thanks, Shone. And I think we will," said Kim.

"Our room is just across yours," said Nam.

Pie secretly smiled to herself.

You wouldn't really let Kim get out of your sight, would you?

"Nam's birthday celebration is tomorrow night," said Shone. "Let's just meet later, maybe after an hour, for dinner. Just drop your things first and you take a short break, Kim."

"Okay, see you after an hour then."

"Enjoy your room guys." Shone patted Kim on the shoulder as they walk passed them, giving her a weird grin.

Kim swallowed a lump in her throat. She knew Shone meant something with that.

---

"Woooooow! This is awesome!" there was an extreme excitement in Pie's voice when they opened their room's door.

Nam had reserved them a deluxe ocean-facing-room which is defined by a wooden accent theme — green and brown. The interior is elegant and comfortable in the eyes. There is a king-size bed that opens to a furnished balcony overlooking the landscaped water park and the beach.

Pie went to open the balcony door and stepped outside to check the view. "I can't believe it! Nam has surely a good taste, huh?"

Kim was amazed too with the interior of the room. It's cozy and the view outside is nice. But what's gotten her attention at the moment is not the view, but the bed.

Do I really have to sleep beside her later?

Her eyes wandered from the bed to the balcony where Pie is currently standing and staring outside. She traced Pie's image from her head, down to her back, down to...

Oh, my gaaaaad! Please don't let sanity snap out of me even for a second!

When she noticed the silence, Pie looked back to check on Kim. "Hey, are you okay? Could you close the door please?"

"Ah, yes."

Kim turned to shut the door behind her. She had forgotten everything she needs to do when she saw the bed. She put her mobile phone on the bedside table to pretend she's doing something.