One

Nevaeh

"You are so beautiful do you know that?" My mom asked me while brushing my hair. She said that she had an important guest coming over & that I needed to look pretty for him or she wouldn't be able to get her medicine.

"Yes ma, you tell me everyday" I said smiling from ear to ear.

Just as she started to talk again a knock was heard at the door, telling me to stay put she went to see who was it. A few moments later,  she was standing in my doorway along with a tall dark skin man wearing black jeans & a white shirt.

They both stood in silence watching me as I played with my dolls, before he started to make his way towards me smiling, but it wasn't a nice smile.

"Oh Evy she's a beauty", he said to my mother who was still standing at my door scratching her arm.

Looking up at him he pushed me on my back on the bed hovering over me, and slowly started to pull my shorts down trying to remove them. Becoming nervous & scared I pushed his hands away causing him to send a slap across my face.

Successfully pulling both my shorts & panties off, he continued to unbuckle his pants, and that's when I knew what was bound to happen to my 10 year old body. Hysterically, I started to punch, kick, scratch, you name it I did it, but that only caused a right hook to my face.

Screaming in agony I looked over at my mother with pleading eyes hoping she would stop this.

"Mom please make him stop!" I screamed as loud as I could. "Eric you only said you were gonna feel up on her I did not agree to this" my mother stated still scratching.

"You want the drugs or not Evy?", he spat. "Yes I do! You know I do"

"Well shut the fuck up & let me continue" he said through gritted teeth. Looking back at my mother she mouthed to me it'll only be a little while then left out the room. Smiling down on me he positioned himself at my entrance &.

"Mommy mommy mommy wake up!", my two year old son Ay'den jumped on my bed yelling.

"Ok ok I'm up." I said laughing. Sitting up against my headboard he positioned himself on my lap looking up at me with those big brown eyes he got from his father.

"We go by auntie Dessi today?" he asked.

"Do you want to go by auntie Dessi today?" I replied tickling him.

"Yesss pleaseee" he said jumping up and down.

"Ok calm down we can go." I said laughing.

Dessi has been my best friend since the seventh grade and she's the loudest out me & her, while I'm more of the shy quiet one who keeps to herself. She's the one who's always trained to go & I'm the one to pop off if you say something about my family or if I feel disrespected, other than that I'm the chill one.

"Let's get you some breakfast so we can go see aunt Dessi" I said picking him up going down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Yay yay" he kept chanting, I just shook my head. That boy loves him some Dessi.

I decided on making eggs, waffles, & sausage. Fixing his plate he asked the question I've been dreading for two whole years.

"Mommy where's my daddy?"

How do you guys feels so far ? Do you like it hate it what? Let me know some!

A background view of Nevaeh childhood.

Ay'den wants to know where's his father.

Nevaeh in the MM.