"Liam I am so sorry. I know that doesn't make things better but I hope this will." She quickly wiped away a tear running down her cheeks before grabbing a piece of paper from her pocket.

"What is this?" I asked gently taking it from her.

"It's where Jenna has been staying." As the words left her mouth I was up and out of the bed. Thankfully yesterday the IV I had was taken out. "She's been staying with some girl named Candy about 20 minutes away from here." I should have thought of that!

"How did you find this?" I asked.

"A mother always knows. Go and get her Liam." She sent me a smile. "And don't worry I will apologize to Jenna as many times as it takes."

"But I can't leave the hospital." I said looking around the room.

"I took care of it. Here is a change of clothing so quickly change and go find Jenna." My mom handed me a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Not even hesitating I quickly stripped out of the pj bottoms I was wearing and the old white t-shirt, well as fast as I could with a broken arm. After I was changed and had shoes on I turned to my mom.

"Mom...thank you." With one big step I was in front of her, wrapping my arm around her small form. "I'm not mad at you anymore." I whispered down at her. I felt her relax against my body.

"Make sure not to let Jenna go." She said leaning back to look at me.

"I don't plan on it." I let my mom go and stepped back. "I love you mom." I said sending her one last smile before I turned and left the room. Time to get Jenna.

*******

Jenna's POV

After my mother left Candy's apartment I felt like a small weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I felt lighter and slightly happier then the days before. Candy and even Sky could tell I was feeling better while we ate dinner. I actually contributed to the conversation instead of just sitting there silently eating. I couldn't say that I was feeling 100% better because I'm not. There is still a huge hole in my chest that could only be filled by Liam, but I know that wasn't going to happen.

I know that my mother told me I should do whatever I could to stay with Liam but I just couldn't see a way I could. His mother didn't want me anywhere near him and at this point I bet he didn't want me to either. My life had turned a 360 in a matter of minutes and I was still trying to land back on my feet. I know everyone says that in order to have a relationship work you have to stay and fight but how could I when everyone, including me, knew that I would just lose? My fairytale wasn't going to end with a happy ending. This was real life where everything doesn't go the way you want it to. I wasn't the princess that would end up with the prince.

Currently I was staring blindly out at the empty diner. It was 2 o'clock in the afternoon on a Monday, right after our big lunch rush. Today's lunch rush was so busy that I was fine sitting on a stool with nothing to do for a little bit. My feet had gotten use to not being on them for hours on end so they were still killing me trying to adjust. Another waitress, Stacey, was cleaning the tables to pass time and I made no move to help her. She was slightly new and had nothing to say to me. The only time she talked to me the entire shift was to tell me to get food for a table. She thought I was new and had no idea what I was doing. But after successfully handling practically all the filled tables she shut up. I was the veteran here.

I let out a sigh than instantly winced. I had kind of forgotten my ribs were still bruised and cracked. I have been doing pretty well at not irritating them and wasn't taking as much pain pills as I had at first. I was due for a refill in a few days and a visit to the hospital but I wasn't thinking of going. I was doing okay and my injuries were slowly healing. No need to go for another visit and have to pay the huge fees along with it. I still hadn't figured out who paid for my work I had done but I was thankful I didn't have to worry about paying it and working more shifts.