Eren x Reader New Years Engagement

~(y/n)'s P.O.V.~
Today is New Years eve, the day that Eren and I started dating 3 years ago. I'm currently at home getting ready for Connie's party tonight but I'm not leaving until Eren gets home from work. Lately he has been acting suspicious around me and it has me worried. Connie suggested that the both of us should come to the party and let loose a bit. Eren completely agreed but I wasn't too fond of the idea. I mean I love parties but I didn't see why a party would make our relationship better.
"Hey (y/n)! I'm home!" Eren said from downstairs.
"I'm upstairs getting ready." I replied.
I could hear his footsteps coming up the stairs and walk into our bedroom. He wraps his arms around me in an embracing hug.
"How was work today?" I ask.
"Boring, like usual."
"Nothing interesting?"
"Well during our meeting my boss spilled coffee on his assistants chest so she had to take off her jacket and shirt."
"Very funny." I said as I gave him an annoyed look.
"Oh come on you know I'm kidding." He said as he gave me a peck on the cheek.
"(Sigh) I know. Are you ready to go?"
"Yep lets go." He grabs my hand with his and we walk out to the car. The car ride there was a little awkward because Eren didn't say anything to me. Of course I could have said something but I was thinking about why he didn't say anything. No wonder why women are complicated.
We arrive at Connie's house and was greeted by Sasha walking outside with potatoes in her hands.
"Hey guys!" She said.
"Hey Sasha." I said.
"Where's Connie and Jean?" Eren asked her.
"I think they are by the pool in the backyard."
"'Kay, thanks!" He said before running off.
"So (y/n) how has your day been?" Sasha asked.
"Tiring. I'm gonna go inside."
"Alright do need anything?"
"Not right now maybe later okay."
"Okay, come get me if you need anything."
I walk into the living and was hit with the smell of Liquor. I walk over to the couch and was soon joined by Mikasa.
"Hey (y/n)! When did you get here?"
"I just got here a few minutes ago. How long have you been here?"
"Oh pretty much all day. Sasha asked me to come over and help get the party set up. J-jean don't piss on the T.V! (Sigh) sorry I'll have to get back to you later."
She then walks away leaving me all alone on the couch. A while passes and I haven't heard from Eren. I walk over to the mini bar in the kitchen and sit on one of the stools.
"What can I get you (y/n)?"
"Hey Reiner. Can I have a water please?"
"Sure thing. So how come you look so down?" He asked as he handed me the water bottle.
"(Sigh) Eren has been acting strange around me lately and I don't know what I did wrong. Once we got here he left to go look for Connie and Jean."
"Well maybe he had to talk to him about something important."
"Hmm maybe."
"Well you shouldn't worry about it too much. Just go and have fun while you're here. I'm sure Eren will find you in a little bit."
"Alright. Thanks Reiner."
"No problem."
Another 2 hours pass and still no sign of Eren. I did run into Ymir and Krista. They were "busy" in the bathroom. Armin was sitting in Connie's office reading a book, so I talked with him for a bit.
"Not that I don't love this conversation Armin, I'm gonna go look for Eren. I'll talk to you later alright."
"Okay have fun."

~Eren's P.O.V.~
Once I got to the party I immediately went looking for Connie and Jean. I ran to the backyard and found them having some drinks.
"Hey guys."
"Hey Eren! Do you still need some help?" Connie asked.
"I need all the help I can get."
"Alright lets go. See you later Jean." Connie said leading me inside.
"Good luck man." Jean said to me.
The inside of the house was crazy. I made a double take once or twice. Once we got to his room he shut and locked the door.
"Okay what's going on?"
"I'm losing (y/n) man. I've been acting so distant that (he/she) is getting upset. I just hope (he/she) won't leave me before the night is over." I said.
"Come on this is (y/n) we're talking about. Of course (he/she) wouldn't leave you."
"I hope so." I sat on the bed and ran my fingers through my hair.
"Calm down. Everything will be alright." He assured me.
"Okay."

~(y/n)'s P.O.V.~
It's almost midnight and I still haven't found Eren.
'Did he secretly leave?' I asked myself. I then walked into the living room as the other people counted down.
10
9
8
7
"(Y/n)!" I turn around to find Eren walking towards me.
6
"Eren! Where have you been? I've been looking for you all night!"
5
"I'm sorry I ditched you, bit I have one question to ask you."
4
"What is it?" I asked curiously.
3
"(Y/n)?" He asked as he got down on one knee.
2
"Yes?"
1
"Will you marry me?"
Happy New Year!
I stand there shocked with tears filling my eyes. I looked Eren in the eyes and shook my head yes. He slips the ring on my finger and stands up; embracing me in a hug.
"I love you Eren."
"I love you too (y/n)."