Chapter Two

I walked into work a couple days later clutching my coat around my self. "It's freezing out. It's technically still summer you know!" One of the bartender's said rubbing her arms. I smiled waving hello walking to the manager's office. "Morning, Kid." The manager said looking up from his computer. "You're going to be doing inventory today. I need everything the same way as last time. I need everything counted and sorted up to code." He handed me the chipboard and a pencil. His eyes finally picked up from the computer screen.

"Have fun." He winked looking back at the screen. I made my way into the stock room contently. Every so often we have to go through all of the supplies for both the bar and restaurant. Everyone hated it, but I found it relaxing to go through all of the things and being alone. I like the job, which is why I always get it. But sometimes I think he give it to me so he doesn't have to hear the others complain about it. I put my things away and started the long job. I was a couple hours in when the storage door opened. I looked over to see Reese, as he re-arranged his watch.

"What are you doing back here?" I asked getting up from where I was seated on the floor.

"Your manager let me in." He moved from the door way and shut the door.

"He wouldn't." He smirked at me, his eyes twinkled.

"I may have been more than persuasive." He took off his jacket and put it over mine.

"Reese. You shouldn't be here." He rolled his sleeves up. "I'm at work."

"You were ignoring me, I just, I just needed to see you." He ran his thumb over my cheek. I closed my eyes as he leaned his forehead on mine. "When I woke up, you were gone." He ran his hand through my hair.

"I'm sorry." I felt his warm breath as he exhaled.

"Don't ignore me." He put his face in my neck. "I'll do anything." I ran my hand through his hair pulling at the ends softly. He tugged at my shirt lifting it up.

"Reese, no." I giggled as he creased the skin.

"Shh, we have time." He kissed me. "Come on."

"I have to get back to work." He grinned at me, pushing me against the wall.

"Break time." He kissed my jaw as I tugged at his zipper....

I tried to catch my breath as I sat on the floor. I laid my head on Reese's shoulder. He kissed my head, putting my hair behind my ear. "I missed you." He whispered.

"It's only been a couple days." I buttoned my shirt up.

"I can't get you out of my head." He watched as I stood up. I looked down at him, sitting on the floor, his shirt in a pile next to him.

"I have to get back to work." I pulled my hair back into a bun and dusted off my pants. I picked up my chipboard but he just stayed there, watching me. "Are you just going to sit there?" I asked moving on to the last shelf.

"This is quiet a comfortable floor, if I say so myself." He looked so smug on the floor in only his dress pants. He sat there on his phone for the rest of the time I had to finish. I did the last stack of plates to finish the inventory. "Are we going to talk now?" I pulled my jacket on.

"I could go for a cup of coffee." He smiled at me; it lit up his face like I just made him the happiest man alive. "Put your shirt on." I clocked out and picked up my paycheck when Reese came out of the back room. I put the check in my back pocket as Reese gave a nod to the manager. I looked between the two of them suspiciously before giving up.We made our way to the coffee shop down the street. We sat down at a table in the back, away from everyone. We ordered coffee and I got a muffin from the waitress who kept looking between us before walking away.

"Would you like some?" I offered him part of it awkwardly. He shook his head and watched as I made little piles of muffin. "What?" I asked after he stared at me questionably.

"What are you doing?" He mused as I made my 7th pile of muffin top.

"When I was younger, on Sundays my mom would always have a muffin for me because my brothers would always get to the rest of the food first before me. Then they would get jealous and we would always make trades for food. They're some of my favorite memories." I stared at the piles before I started to feel the homesickness settle in my stomach. "I guess it's just a force of habit now."

"How many brothers do you have?" Reese's voice snapped me out of my train of thought.

"Seven. Six older and one younger." I looked up at him as he stared blankly at me. "I think my mom and dad just tried till they got a girl." The corners of his mouth turned up.

"What about your younger brother?" I shrugged.

"Oops." I winked at him. "What about you? Are there secretly six other Reese's walking around?" He shook his head taking a sip from his coffee.

"One and only sadly. I just have one little sister." I smiled at him. "Not as exciting as seven brothers." He shrugged.

"It gets old real quick, trust me." I looked at my watch and stood up. "It's getting really late, I should be getting back home." He gave me a pleading look making my knees give out and I fell back down. "I suppose I can stay a little longer." The smile he gave me made my heart skip a beat. I sipped my coffee staring at him.

"Reese," I sighed after he just stared back at me. "I think we just need to talk about were we stand." He raised his eyebrow at me.

"What do you mean?" He asked sipping his coffee.

"I mean, you just came into my work, bribed my manger, and we had sex in a storage closet. I think I have a right to ask this question." I sighed frustrated with him.

"I didn't think of it that way." He gave me a thoughtful look.

"I barely know you, Reese. You can't just do this." He just stared at me. "You know, you don't strike me as a man that cares this much about a one night stand." I stood up to leave.

"You're wrong, Halyn," I turned around to look at him. "You are more than just a one night stand." I pulled my coat closer around me, leaving the café, and the mysterious man inside it.