4.

I was casually eating breakfast one morning a week after the very strange encounter with Melissa's best friend. I was definitely not a fan of her bubbly personality but I guess I'll have to just live with it.

My phone started ringing and I answered it without bothering to even look at the caller ID, because I already know who it is.

"What's up?"

"What's up? Seriously Ren? Have you not heard yet?!"

"Have you forgotten that we've gone over this? Anyways, what happened?"

"Okay so Jason just outed Chase on Instagram!"

I furrowed my brows, "Wait like outed or outed?"

"Like a homo outing! Isn't this great?!" John squealed.

"I mean I guess but, how does this benefit us, let alone me?"

John sighed in frustration like the answer was obvious, "Because now I have a chance! A real chance! Not just me trying to convince myself that I did!"

"That's great John but there's one problem. Chase hates us. In or out of the closet. He made that pretty clear these past couple of years."

John scoffed, "Look I'll see you at school so I can fully explain the situation."

"What situation?" But he hung up before I could get both words out.

----------

All day people couldn't stop talking about Chase. I guess Jason has a large following on Instagram because it seemed like everyone knew. And just like they did with me, they exiled him.

All day long people teased him and made it clear they were disgusted with him. Chase never said a word though. He just kept his head down and his mouth shut. Smart I suppose.

The cafeteria was buzzing with sounds come lunch time. But I sat at my usual table with an eerie feeling in my stomach.

"Ren are you listening?"

I looked over a flashed him a playful smile, "Of course my fellow homo."

"Ren I'm serious, pay attention!"

"Alright, alright!"

John straightened his back and looked down at his phone.

"Okay so listen to this. This is the exact thing that Jason posted on Instagram. The picture is of Chase and the caption reads, Hello everyone. Id like to share with you all something very inportant. My friend Chase is a disgusting piece of shit. He forced my girlfriend to have sex with him, only to admit to me a couple of days ago that he's gay. Yes, you read right. CHASE IS GAY. AND A RAPIST. And that's where he ends it."

Even though Chase hasn't been the nicest to me, I felt bad for him. I knew what it felt like. And I understand that it must be worse for him since so many people knew him and liked him.

"John this is serious. Jason is accusing Chase of rape. When we all know damn well it wasn't rape."

Jason sighed, "I know. Ally must've told Jason it was rape just to save herself from seeming too slut-ish. Jeez, do people even think before they act?"

Before I could reply Chase entered the cafeteria and all eyes fell on him. He paid no mind though and got in line for food. The table with his so called friends were whispering amongst themselves.

A sly grin grew on John's face, "Oohhh, shits about to go down." He starting shaking my arm back and forth. I calmed him down because I
admit, I'm curious too.