1

Cas and Dean had a mutual friend in Charlie so were often invited to the same parties.

At said parties they would talk, flirt, with each other as if there was no one else in the building. They would get along like a house on fire and people who didn't know who they were would look over at the giggling pair and think they came together.

Even though they got on so well at the parties, outside of them, they never spoke. Sure if they saw each other they would say hi but it wasn't the same. This had been going on for four years.

Cas wanted to see more of Dean but didn't know how to approach the subject. Dean wanted to ask Cas out for a coffee but didn't think a sober Cas was interested in him.

At Charlie's parties they didn't talk about them outside. They covered every subject but. They knew each other well but at the same time they had no idea who the other really was.

After the third or forth party Charlie had noticed them and mentioned it to Sam and Kevin who nodded in agreement. Since then the three had made sure to make the parties regular things so the two would see each other.

Tonight was new years eve, another Charlie party. Another night of Dean and Cas romance before they go their separate ways.

Sam had been bugging Dean all day about asking Cas out and Dean blatantly ignored him, insisting there was nothing between them that was mutual.

Kevin and Charlie pestered Cas all day to just kiss Dean already but he just shrugged and said that there was nothing there that was two way.

Of course Dean wanted to make a move tonight. He wanted to wrap his fingers around Castiel's hand and sweeze them tight. He had for years. But the thought of rejection kept him at bay.

Of course Cas wanted to make a move tonight. He wanted to take Dean's head in his hands and kiss him. He had for years. But the thought of Dean pulling away and saying no kept him at bay.

It was impossible.

The group of regulars at Charlie's parties could all see how in love the two were but somehow neither Cas nor Dean seemed to noticed. All they could do was pray that maybe this new years would be different. Maybe this time they'd go into the new year more than whatever they were. How beautiful it would be for them to enter the new year holding each other.