Awakening

The bright rays of light burned Rosemary's eyes as they opened when she regained consciousness. She felt as if she was being born again. A burst of pain in the head as if you were to get shot, you open your eyes, and then you see a bright, shimmering white light, and then it is over. You can see clearly after your rude awakening.

Rosemary sat up and looked about her surroundings. There were beautiful redwood trees circled around her. The scenery was far more than just appealing to the human eye with the colorful flowers and the bountiful green grass plains. The world was bursting with color. Until it occurred to her, what was she doing in the middle of a forest? The great color faded into dull versions of itself. Rosemary looked around once again, to see what was just a majestic scene, subdue into a dreary landscape.

She slowly and suspiciously stood up in the dirt whilst trying to recollect how she got there. Rosemary strangely couldn't remember any past memories before her awakening, except for her given birth name. She was confused and alone. Rosemary decided to walk through the trees to try and get to civilization.

Rosemary walked for what seemed like hours in one direction. She saw no sign of cities, animals, or people anywhere near. She began to lose hope. Rosemary heard the rustling of leaves behind her which caused her a great panic. She spun around to see what made the noise, only to see nothing.