Chapter 4: The Moors

Davina's Point of view

I watch as my twin Aurora is outside playing with that stupid crow. I'm inside talking to my only companion Benjamin. Benjamin is a ghost. He was a soldier of the war and died in battle. Even though he was older than me we are still friends. The three faeries think I'm crazy. But I'm not.

"Benjamin, I believe that Aurora's optimistic behavior will get her nowhere these days. All people care about are money, power, and bloodshed. I tried to tell her but she thinks that she is just being happy. *scoff*. Happiness doesn't exist in this world. The only thing that can make me laugh or as Aurora thinks I need more in my life "smile" is you, death, and misery. Aurora needs to open her eyes and face reality. Not everything is flowers and rainbows and god dammit," I say getting angry and opening the window of our bedroom," Aurora stop playing with that disease infested crow! Who knows you might get the plague from it!" I scream. She looks at me and smiles than goes back to playing with that stupid bird. Then one the faeries, the pink one, Knotgrass, I believe goes into my room with a smile. But I know it is fake. She's scared of me. Good. She should.

"You can drop the fake smile and tell me what you want, or leave and bother someone else" I darkly say.

Her smile falters but it's still there.

"Your sister thinks that you should go into the Moors for a while. She thinks that you are all cooped up in here and you should get some fresh air" she says.

Me and Benjamin eternally laugh. Thinking about how stupid she is.

"It's probably you that suggested this and honestly using Aurora to make suggestions about my well being is not only low but weak of you. Just face it. My father, the king made a stupid mistake of sending me here. You and your sisters were not fit for parenting and are weak and pathetic. And I suggest that you tell Aurora that she is royalty before our birthday hits. If you don't he will have your head. But not for Aurora, but because he thinks that thus change in environment will change me. And he put you three pathetic faeries in charge" I coldly say and leave. She pales and almost falls to the floor. It makes me laugh. I walk into the Moors and I didn't look back. I walk through the dark woods and smile. Darkness. That is what I like. Benjamin appears beside me, contemplating what to say.

"Benjamin for the love of God spit it out!" I yell.

He smiles. "You know she passed out of that threat that you made. Are you sure that you didn't go too far?" He confesses. I let out a laugh.

"That weakling had it coming. All four of them in that house don't know reality like we do. They think positive. Not what is really going on. She deserves the truth. And I'm right. They will be beheaded if they don't 'fix me'" I say. As see the sun through the trees I put my hood up. I hate brightness. It hurts and it's annoying. I then hear a crack from behind me. Great a follower. Probably a pest or worse Aurora.

"What do you want? Can't you tell that I want to be alone?" I say. The person chuckles. It a dark but cool. I turn to see a faerie that looks close to nineteen.(GO WITH IT! YOLO!!). He's a male and has horns. His skin a pale greenish tint. Muscular. Tall in height. But it's his eyes that pull me in. His eyes are what makes me hypnotized. The golden eyes that are dark but yet have fire. I like fire. (Robbie Kay reference!). I then smile. For a second.

"Who are you?" I ask.