Chapter 2

AN: Slowly getting over my bout of the flu. Damn you weakened immune system! *shakes fist*

-

Chapter 2: Luchia’s POV

Why that useless fool Zeke was here, in the presence of the man she was about to ensnare with her boldness and sensuality, Luchia couldn’t fathom. She remembered giving the distinct command not to bother her tonight as she had something very, very important she had to do. He was only going to be in the way. She couldn’t afford having her brother around as he might do something to embarrass her.

He wouldn’t have the guts, mind you. But he was a guy and guys liked to be the centre of attention, regardless of how or why.

Luckily, though, she knew how to get their attention as well. Simple-minded fools.

“How about a game of poker between the two of us?” Luchia queried. “But with the stakes a little bit…scandalous. The winner gets whatever and whoever she-”

“Or he,” Joshua interrupted, but Luchia carried on heedlessly. Ha! It just proved how cocky he was. He actually thought that he could win. Then again, it was that arrogance she was hoping to use against him.

“-wants without complaint, and they must do everything she-”

“Or he.”

“-wants, again, without complaint. Everything,” she added with a seductive curl of her voice.

Luchia felt smug when Joshua raised an eyebrow at her; clearly he was shocked by her proposal, yet intrigued by how utterly feisty and bold she was. Not that he could possibly decline her in anyway, not with his pride on the line here. It was pure genius on her part (of course!) to challenge him in front of everyone.

“Well?” she purred. “Afraid you’ll lose to a girl like me?”

Joshua twitched and Luchia hid a smirk. Got him.

“Sure, sounds like fun!”

He was saying that now, but Luchia was pretty sure of how strong his protests will be when he loses. Oh, and he will lose.

“So I can get whatever, or rather whoever, I want, huh?”

“Only if you win, pretty boy,” Luchia retorted coolly as she sat down across from him, a round drinks table between them. She crossed her legs sexily, showing a great deal of her stunningly toned thighs. Showing a bit of skin was another way to gain a guy’s attention. It was also useful for distracting him.

Not that it took much to distract a man. A large pair of tits and long, sexy legs was all that was needed. And with a figure like hers, well, he didn’t stand a chance.

Including the game of cards she was dealing out.

Picking up the cards she was dealt, Luchia fanned them out in front of her with a quick flick of her wrist. She didn’t need to pay much attention to the cards she held for she already knew the outcome. She was going to win.

Her luck was second to none. No one could be as lucky or skilled as she was with cards. They always, always fell her way – and she could make any arrogant fool beg for mercy. She was unstoppable.

So, if the ignorant son of a billionaire before her so much as thought he could win her in a game of cards, he was going to be in for one hell of a shock. This arrogant jerk wasn’t worthy of her, she could just imagine the drool at the corner of his mouth as he imaged all the wicked things he’ll do to her luscious body. He probably thought she would submit to his charms and fall in love with his wicked ways.

Hah! She would bow to no man.

Sure, he was darkly handsome and there was an air of mystery surrounding him, seemingly immune to the rumours of the town but reality of the situation was; he simply could not compete with her. Her beauty was unmatched, her figure a super model would envy and her eyes, stunning as they were fierce. She was the definition of gorgeous.

So much so, she wouldn’t be surprised if he fell madly in lust with her. He will lose the game, so there was a chance that perhaps he might try to claim her by force.

Heh, yet another surprise for him. She was a fifth level black-belt and knew several forms of self-defence. She’ll kick his ass in a heartbeat.

No, if there was to be a partnership between, it’ll be on her terms. She would never submit to a man, but he will submit to her. She will tame him; make him into a better man with her sassy and sweet personality. She’ll make him in a man. And maybe, after he did everything to gain her trust, she might give him her heart. But he had to earn it first. And to do that, he had to shower her with gifts and devote his everything to her. That was a man’s role.

And she deserved to be waited hand and foot by her handsome husband.

Yeah, that was what she wanted from this game of cards. She was going to get Joshua to marry her to ensure her financial future and that of her family’s. Well, her mother’s and her sisters. But since she was so nice, she might hire Zeke as a cleaner or gardener, or something. He was useless otherwise.

Love had nothing to do with her decision. Oh, he was handsome alright and it will be fun taming him, but the reality was she was doing it for herself. Every girl dreamed of finding a rich man to marry so she’ll never have to work. And Luchia was simply making it a reality for herself. All those other girls could bitch as much as they wanted. She was a determined and bold young woman who got what she wanted, regardless of how many toes she stepped on along the way.

Finally looking at her cards, Luchia felt unbelievably smug. In her hand was four of a kind. There was no way Joshua could beat this hand! Ok, so there was, but there was no way he was lucky enough to get it!

A life of luxury, here she comes!

“Four of a kind,” Luchia stated as she set her cards on the table. “What do you say to that? Can’t beat it? I didn’t think so.”

Joshua, however, had the audacity to tut at her, wagging a finger in her direction. Humph! Of course he’d try anything to stall what was meant to be.

Suddenly, he placed his cards on the table, fanning them out with an arrogant wave of his hand. “Royal flush,” he said simply, an superior smirk on his lips. “Looks like I win.”

Luchia openly gaped at him. That wasn’t possible!