Gambled On A Game of Cards

Title: Gambled On A Game of Cards

Summary: Joshua was rich, super rich. But he wasn’t like the others. Well, that’s what Zeke thought – until Joshua agreed to the terms of his money-hungry sister’s bet. The winner of the game of cards can have whatever, or whoever, they wanted. No objection! Could Joshua be using this chance to get Luchia, Zeke’s sister…or Zeke himself?

Claimer: I own the story plot and characters, any names related to those living or dead are purely coincidental. Do not use my characters without permission.

AN: …I’m sick, sore, suffering from writer’s block and is as bitter as hell. Please excuse any spelling errors or typos. I needed to take my frustrations out on something that isn’t living. So, here we are. This will be a three-shot, no more, no less. Other than that, enjoy.

…I’m going to go to bed and die now…

----------

Chapter 1: Zeke’s POV

Zeke Grayson hated his life. Of little of it as there was, he hated it. And it was because of his blood related family that he hated it so much. And he was pretty sure that they hated him. They only kept him around because they wouldn’t pay for a professional cleaner and needed him to do all the ‘dirty work’.

His family was by no means poor (well, compared to the other millionaires that littered their coastal town of Fassifern), but that didn’t mean they didn’t want more money. Oh, they did. They wanted to be classed as the richest in town and were trying to enter the fold of high society. By any means.

None, though, were more determined than that of his sister, Luchia, or Lucya as she was known by a select few.

Luchia had the taste of the high life and was frequently on the social scene, trying to get her claws into someone rich. Staying out all night, tottering around in high-heels at casinos wasn’t something was uncommon for her. In fact, their mother encouraged her to do so in order to bring their family more money. Although, Luchia didn’t want just any old rich guy (she had standards, you see). No, she wanted someone young, rich and handsome.

Someone exactly like Joshua Hensley of the famous Hensley family. This family was famous for their play-hard lifestyle. Money was no problem. They had plenty. And when Zeke said plenty, he meant they didn’t even know how much money they had. Billions!

Joshua Hensley was different to the other millionaires and billionaires in Fassifern, though. He wasn’t a playboy who’s only concern was his next conquest nor was he a womaniser who lusted after any pretty little thing like that of his brothers were rumoured to be. He was one of a few people that actually treated Zeke as a person and not as a mere servant for his family.

Zeke could even say that Joshua was his friend. Not that he would tell his family that. In fact, he wouldn’t tell them anything, especially not about Joshua. Or Josh, as he was allowed to call him.

Zeke was the youngest and the only son, so with three older sisters (Luchia the youngest and most…feisty) and a mother, he was the only male in the house. His father died several years ago, and the money of his life insurance was starting to run out, hence the need to snag someone rich. And quick!

And so, he was reduced to catering to their every need, chaperoning them to and fro between parties and other functions were the clientele were all rich. After all, a girl’s got a higher chance of snagging a rich husband than he of finding a rich wife (they don’t even know how right they were in that matter. He was gay and would, could never drag someone into a loveless marriage just for the money). His needs mean absolutely nothing in life and in general, and in their perspective, he shouldn’t have any needs in the first place. He was there to serve them, nothing more.