Baby Steps

Welcome back friends, let's recap what has been happening. Kate had her surprise 16th birthday party thrown by her mom. Speaking about her mom, she has been on top of Kate to start a career in singing. In her head, her mom sees Kate becoming a pop star, but Kate has a different idea. Kate wants to be a broadway singer, performing on stage to tell a story. All of her siblings know this about her, which could lead to something. But that's not even half of the drama going on. Kate also happened to find out that her lover since kids, Chase Chrisley, has a girlfriend, that he of course, brought to her party. Remember the unfamiliar face that pulled Kate away before Chase could get to her? That face wasn't so unfamiliar after all...

Friday, May 26th (continued)

Kate's brain was still crowded with questions about the whole Chase situation, but she had to ignore those.

"Kate Jenner?" The tall, dark haired man that pulled her away, said. It took Kate awhile to realize who this was, but when she did, she felt her heart drop down to her stomach.

"H-hi, Jeremy Jordan, right?" She said, in shock shaking his hand. "Yes! Your sister, Kim, invited me here. Hope you don't mind." He said laughing. "Oh my word, no, not at all. I'm surprised you actually came! I mean, getting invited to a 16 year old's birthday party probably isn't the most exciting.." Kate said, making the two laugh.

Lost? Yeah, I figured. Jeremy Jordan is a Tony and Grammy nominated, Broadway singer. Kate's favorite to be exact. He played Jack Kelly in Newsies and Kate fell in love with his empowering voice. You could even say he is the reason Kate wanted to go on Broadway. He was also in many other shows, starring with some of her other favorite stars such as Laura Osnes and Kara Lindsey. Anyway, carry on...

"Listen, your sister told me about your dreams of being on Broadway, which is great. I was in the same shoes as you when I was your age. I've heard your voice and you have great potential." He said grabbing another champagne. "So, now that I'm living here in LA, I was thinking. How would you feel about me becoming your mentor? We would have lessons a couple times a week. No price, my birthday present." He said smiling.

'Yes, yes! That would be amazing!" She said giving him a huge hug. "You are-" Kate began, but was interrupted by her mom. "Kit! I've been looking for you, who's this?" She said looking at Jeremy. 'Oh, great.' Kate thought to herself.

"I'm Jeremy Jordan, nice to meet you." He said shaking Kris's hand. "Oh, Jeremy Jordan! My daughter talks so much about you. Ever since we saw Newsies a couple years ago, she had the biggest-" Kris said, but Kate cut her off before she could embarrass her anymore. "Okay, mom, that's enough." Jeremy chuckled, "Your daughter has a beautiful voice, I'm so happy to become her mentor. She will have no problem getting roles on Broadway." he said, giving Kate a pat on the back.

"Broadway? Huh, that's the first I've heard Kate mentioning that..." Kris said, crossing her arms. "Mom, I think they are running out of lemonade." Kate said, hinting her mom to leave. "We will talk about this later."Her mom said in a low whisper.

"I'm sorry about her. It's just that she wants me to become the next Ariana Grande. I don't have the heart to tell her that that's not what I want." Kate said, looking down. "No, I totally get it. My mom wasn't very understanding when it came to Broadway for me, either." He said, giving her a side hug. "Just remember to fight for what you want and don't let someone's judgement discourage you." He said, making Kate feel a lot better. The two exchanged numbers, "Text me how it goes with your mom and we will set up a time to start" Jeremy said kindly and giving one last hug before walking off.

Little did Kate know that Chase was watching her and Jeremy, who he knew from all her childhood rants about him. He was happy for her, all her dreams coming true with a genuine smile on her face, but that was until he saw them exchange numbers. He could feel his blood begin to boil and his jaw clench together. Chase was 2 years older than Kate, and understood how that might be a reason they never got together, but Jeremy was almost 30, that is way more than 2 years.