Chapter Eight

-Day of the carnival-

I woke up and sighed before rolling over and trying to go back to sleep. I stayed in bed with my eyes closed for five minutes before my eyes shot open.

“The carnival’s today!” I gasped and I jumped off the bed. My feet hit the freezing wooden boards and I let out a little scream. I decided to text Calum since I didn’t know anything about the carnival.

To: Calum :)

What time are you picking me up? & what do I wear? X

From: Calum :)

Wow so many questions ;) I’ll pick you up in around an hour & wear something comfortable x

I walked into my bathroom and had a shower. I washed my hair and did everything else I needed to do before I got out.

I put on a pair on demin shorts and a big jumper. I dried my hair then straightened it.  I tied my hair into a high bun since it was windy outside. I put on some light makeup and walked out of my bathroom. I grabbed my shoulder bag and put my wallet and lip gloss in it.

I sat in my room, scrolling through twitter on my phone, when I heard a knock at the door. I quickly slipped on my maroon vans and shoved my phone into my bag before skipping downstairs. I opened the door and saw Calum standing there wearing a pair of jeans with a big jumper and a beanie.

“Hey, you look beautiful,” Calum said, kissing my cheek. He held out his hand. “Shall we?”

“We shall,” I said, giggling. I put my hand in his and he led me over to the car that was parked in my driveway.

“You drive?” I asked.

“No, Ashton’s driving us,” He replied laughing. He opened the car door for me and I got in. He closed the door then walked over the other side on the car.

“Hi Ash,” I said when Calum closed the door.

“Hey,” He replied, reversing out of the driveway and driving towards the carnival.

After a ten minute drive, we were at the carnival. Calum got out of the car before walking around and opening my door for me. We both said bye to Ashton before Calum grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the carnival.

“Emily we have to go on that ride! Oh and that one!” Calum said, pointing to the different rides and jumping around like a little kid.

“Calm down!” I said, laughing at him. I grabbed Calum’s hand and we started walking around.

“We have to go on that ride!” Calum yelled before dragging me towards a giant rollercoaster.

We walked around the carnival, went on rollercoaster’s and played games. After a couple of hours, we had been on most of the rides so we were just walking around talking. About five girls came up to us.

“Hey Calum,” One of the girls said shyly.

“Hey,” He smiled at them. I felt him tense up next to me hoping that it won’t be a repeat of when we were at the shops. I intertwined my fingers with his and felt him instantly calm down.

“Are you an Emily dating?” Another girl asked.

“No,” Calum said. “Not yet anyway.”

He winked and a cheeky smirk appeared on his face. I elbowed him in the ribs.

“That hurt,” He said, pouting.

“You guys are so cute,” One of the girls smiled. “By the way Emily, you are really pretty. Don’t listen to people that say you aren’t.”

“I have to agree with that,” Calum said before leaning down and kissing my cheek. I heard the girl’s taking photos of us. We talked to the girls before they had to leave. Calum and I decided to leave as well. We walked out the carnival before Calum called Ashton to pick us up.

Ashton’s car pulled up in front of us and we got in. We drove towards my house. No one was talking, but it wasn’t an awkward silence. Once we got to my house, Calum and I both got out the car and said bye to Ashton.

Calum walked me up to my front door.

“Bye Emily,” He said. He turned around to walk away, but I put my hand on his shoulder.

“Please don’t leave,” I begged. He let out a sigh.

“Fine.”

We walked in and walked up to my bedroom since we were tired. I got some pyjamas out before walking into my bathroom to get changed. I walked back into my room and collapsed on my bed. I looked up and noticed that Calum was standing in the middle of my room awkwardly.

“Come here,” I whispered, moving over. He walked over to the bed and lay down next to me. He pulled me into his chest and kissed my forehead.

“Goodnight Beautiful,” He whispered quietly.

“Goodnight.”