Why Do You Do This

Hi everyone, If you have got this far thank you! Sorry for only just updating now, like I've said before I have a lot going on and my friend has only recently sent me the finial chapters. 

Hope you have had a good Christmas, this is our gift to you. 

Enjoy :D 

The days before Harry's move were long. James spent most of the time pacing the house, reviewing the plan of how they were going to get him out. He wasn't going to like it at all.

Finally the time came. James set off with Hestia and Dedalus to Number 4, the last place he'd thought he'd go. Yet there he was, knocking on the door.

From inside there were heavy footsteps, like someone running down stairs. The door flew open. Harry smiled. "Thought I'd better get the door before he did. He's still not sure, but I think Dudley might convince him" He stepped forward and hugged his dad, "I've missed you"

"I have to. Come on, let's in get inside. The others will be here soon"

Harry backed out the way and let them in, greeting Hestia and Dedalus as they came through the door. Harry called back to his Uncle to let him know that they were there. There was a grunt in reply.

"I'm assuming that means to bring you through." Harry sighed, "You're staying aren't you dad."

"I'm coming with you. Hestia and Dedalus are taking your Aunt, Uncle and cousin"

Silence came from the room, next door. Then a "That's not possible!" from the unmistakable voice of Petunia Dursley. Her face appeared.

James sighed, "Before you say anything, yes, I know I'm supposed to be dead, and yes I realise that I'm not"

"How?!" she screeched, causing both Vernon and Dudley to run into the front room from the kitchen, "How is it that you are here in my house. You should not be here."

"Aunt Petunia, maybe we should all sit down and I shall explain," Harry said calmly. The family sat down on the sofa. Harry gave the others a look that clearly said, 'This is what I've had to live with', before following their lead and sitting in the arm chair. All other seats occupied, James grabbed a dining chair and sat on it backwards, like he used to do when he was a teen, resting his arms on the back. Hestia and Dedalus hung back, leaning in the door.

"So where do you want me to start" Harry asked.

"How about at the beginning" Petunia said coldly, not taking her eyes off James. Vernon grunted in agreement.

"Well, for starters, I didn't know until the end of my third year, and even then it was hit and misses as to when I could see dad."

"But Lily's still dead" Petunia said in that same cold tone. James looked away.

"And I have to live with the fact that I'm not next to her every single day." He whispered

"I have to live with it to. The fact that I never said sorry. Never made it up to her. Never said goodbye"

"Yet there is no evidence that you even cared. No photos of her, or Harry for that matter."

"Dad" Harry said but James didn't hear him.

"You admitted you didn't go to her funeral. That's low. Really low. You've been lucky it's only now that you're being affected by this battle because you can't even imagine the losses we went through during that war."

"Dad" Harry said a bit louder but James still wasn't listening.

"Lily did nothing but talk about you, after your argument. She regretted every word she said to you that night and then you ignored all of her attempts to make it up to you. It took her years to stop trying, but she never forgot it."