Chapter 3

Yeah-Yeah's POV
Claire stood there with the bat, ready to hit the ball. I pitched the ball, and she hit it. It landed in Mr. Mertle's yard. She hit a home run! "Woah," I said. Ham just stood there in disbelief. "Told ya I could play," Claire said. Benny, Squints, Bertram, Smalls, Kenny, Timmy, and Tommy all claped.
Ham just rolled his eyes. "I can do better than that," he said. "Shut up!" I yelled at him. "C'mon Claire, let's go," I said to her grabbing her hand. "Ooh, now you're going off with your lover girl," said Squints. "SHUT UP!" I screamed. I was so fed up with them!

Claire's POV
Yeah-Yeah was holding my hand, tight. I kind of liked it, though.

"Sorry about my friends," he said. "They can be such jerks." "It's ok," I said. "My friends would act like that like that too sometimes. "
"Hey, the annual street fair came to town a couple days ago. Do you want to come with me tonight?" Yeah-Yeah asked me.
I stared at him. His face started turning red, and he stammered, " Buut, you ddon't have to if you don't want to."
"No, Yeah-Yeah, I would love to come." I told him.
"Ok, cool," he said. "I'll pick you up at 8:00." "Ok." I said. "See you later!" We called to each other as he walked away.

I went back into my house. I couldn't believe I was going on a date with the boy I liked. (It's a date, right?) And Yeah-Yeah seemed to like me too.