Chapter 2

Yeah-Yeah's POV
"Hey guys, wanna play again tomorrow?" Benny asked. "Yeah, yeah that'd be great," I said. "Sure." Said Smalls. "Ok." Said the others.
Just then, I noticed a beautiful girl coming toward us. "Woah," I whispered to myself. Squints noticed me looking at the girl. "Ooh, Yeah-Yeah's pervin' a dish!" He cooed. "Shut up!" I told him. "Ooh, you like her!" Ham and Kenny cried. "I do not!" I snapped back. But they could tell I was lying.

Claire's POV
"Um, hi. My name's Claire Johnson and I just moved here from Michigan." I said. "Hi." They all said. One boy introduced me to everyone. "I'm Benjamin Rodriguez, but I go by Benny. This is Michael Squints Paledores, this is Scott Smalls, this is Hamilton Porter; but we call him Ham, that's Kenny DeNunez, that's Timmy and Tommy Timmons, and that's Alan Mclennan, but we call him Yeah-Yeah." He said.

I noticed that the boy named Yeah-Yeah (the one that I thought was cute), was staring at me. He was really hot.
"Do you play baseball?" Yeah-Yeah asked me. "Yeah, I do. My friend Nick back at my old house taught me how to play," I told him. " It's a really fun game." "Yeah-Yeah, she can't play ball cause she's a girl!" Ham yelled. "Shut up, Ham!" Shouted Yeah-Yeah. "How about we go to the sandlot and watch her play?" Suggested Yeah-Yeah. "Fine." Grumbled Ham.

I followed the boys to a sand-covered baseball diamond. This must be the sandlot, I thought. We all got in our positions. "Ok," I said. "Let's play baseball!"